Chapter 18

Peeta's POV:

Today is a sad day for Katniss. It has been a year since the death of Prim.

I made her breakfast to try and make a good start to the day. She enjoyed herself, but she left as soon as she finished. I decided to leave her. Let her do what she wants to.

I know what would make her feel better. I slip on my shoes and I see her, sitting down and staring out the window.

I walk over to her and I give her back a stroke. "I'm going to the Hob. Want anything?" I ask her.

"No." Katniss replies simply.

"Okay, be back soon." I kiss her on the cheek and walk out the door. I slowly close it and walk towards the Hob.

-------------------

I open up our homes door holding a bunch of lilies. Katniss' favourite. I quietly close to door and search for Katniss with my eyes. She is still by the window will. I take my shoes off and walk to her.

"For you." I say, which gives Katniss a mini start. I show Katniss the bouquet and she sadly smiles.

"Thank you." She takes them in her hand and smells them.

"Do you want to see them?" I ask politely and Katniss nods.

"Okay." I grab hold of her hand and she stands up. We walk back towards the door and place our shoes on our feet. I then open the door for Katniss and she accepts. She walks through and waits for me on the other side. I smile before walking our and locking the house.

I place the keys in my pocket and entwine my fingers with hers. She clutches onto my hand and we slowly walk to the graveyard.

Katniss grasps onto the wrapped up stems on the bouquet and she has the flowers near her nose. Soon we reach the gate and I open it. We then, slower then before, make our way carefully through the gaps to where Katniss' family lay.

I soon stop Katniss. In front of us was her dad, sister and mother. Lined up side by side. Katniss releases her grasp from mine and she carefully pulls out 3 lilies from the bouquet. She kneels down and place one next to each stone. Katniss places the lilies on the ground to free her hands. She stays close to the ground before standing up next to me.

I wrap my right arm around her waist and she turns and buries her head into my chest. I soon hear her starting to sob. I frown and stroke her back. "Ssshh." I wrap my other arm around her and enclose her in a hug. "It's okay. Ssshh." We stay there for goodness knows how long.

Me comforting my love and Katniss letting it all out.