Chapter 19

Katniss POV:

Why? I hate having to cry in front of Peeta. I don't feel strong in front of him when I'm in this state.

I snuggle my head further into the crook of his neck as I continue to cry. Even though Peeta is doing his best to comfort me, right now it's not working. Memories come flooding back like a rapid flood. The water rising at extreme speeds. Her blonde hair. 2 braids. Her smile. Her care towards others. It all comes back.

I let out a small and quiet scream. Peeta seems to notice and he kisses my head. He picks me up and wraps my legs around his waist. I don't do anything, I'm paralyzed. The thoughts and memories coming back. I wrap my arms tighter together and let out a whimper.

"I think that's enough time." Peeta says but I don't respond.

Peeta bends down, possibly picking up my bouquet and standing up before walking. I'm surprised he can carry me. I try to get my thoughts about Peeta but my family flash in my mind. I squeeze my eyes hard tight together, trying to block out the world.

Soon, I start to feel pain in my heart.

"Peeta?"

"Yeah?" Peeta replies before I let out a slight cry of pain.

It's getting worse. In a matter of seconds I can't reply, I start gasping for breath. I can't breathe.

"Katniss? Katniss!" Peeta gently lies me on the ground.

I grasped onto my shirt, closest to my heart and start moving around violently, turning from one side to another. The pain starts to become unbearable and I can hardly breathe.

"Someone help me! Call the hospital!!" Peeta cries. "Katniss open your eyes. Stay with me." Peeta cups my cheeks. I slowly open my eyes and open my mouth.

I'm in the middle of the town. I gesture my pain and close my eyes again.

"Katniss!!" Peeta cries, he knows the signs and I do to. I'm having a severe panic attack containing past memories. Soon I hear the siren ringing in my ears and I open my eyes again.

"P-" I managed to say before crying in pain. In the distance I saw three paramedics come towards me. I look at Peeta and grasp my free hand in his. Tears start streaming down his face.

3 faces appear above me and out of nowhere a oxygen mask is placed over my mouth. I still can't breathe. It's still going, it won't stop. In a matter of minutes I'm on a stretcher and being loaded into a hovercraft headed to the hospital. The place where I may die.

Peeta stays by my side. "Kat. I love you. Stay with me."

Straps are being tightened around my body but the fidgeting won't stop. I look at Peeta one last time before my eyes slowly close and I hear a loud screeching beep.