Chapter Twenty Six

Começar do início

  "Who knows.  Do you wanna go sit outside?  It's getting kinda hot in here."  I pulled at my jacket sleeves suddenly feeling very sweaty.   

  "Sure.  Let's go out back."  We made our way to the backyard.  Nobody was there, and there was a little rocking chair sitting on the porch.  Austen sat down and pulled me down onto his lap, wrapping his arms tightly around me.  I tucked my head into his neck.

***

  We sat like that for a while and had meaningless conversation until we were interrupted by the blaring of the boombox being turned up even louder.

  "Do you wanna go dance?"  I nodded and was about to get up from Austen's lap, only to be pulled back down.

  "I thought you wanted to dance?"  I questioned with a smile.

  "I do.  But I want a kiss first."  I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips to his in a soft kiss.  I pulled away after a few seconds, making him pout.  I just chuckled and rolled my eyes again.

  "Greedy bastard."  He laughed and kissed me again.  "I love you, Aussie."  I whispered against his lips.

  "I love you too, Zeeky."  He finally let me off his lap and laced our fingers together.  A lot more people had arrived while we were outside, so the house was pretty crowded.  We found an empty spot in the corner of the living room and I put my arms around Austen's neck, and his went around my waist.

  "Do you know how to dance?"   I asked him.  He shrugged.

  "A little I guess.  My mom made me take ballroom lessons when I was younger..."  I grinned.

  "You never told me that."  I teased.

  "It's embarrassing. I'll show you another time when they're aren't as many people around."    I nodded and looked around at the other people in the room.  Gabe was standing not too far away from us, dancing with a girl.  Luke was on the other side of the room staring at them with a sad look on his face. 

  "Do you think Gabe likes Luke?"  Austen whispered in my ear.

  "I think he does, but he's scared to admit it."  I looked up at Austen's face, right into his eyes.  "I get where he's coming from. I was terrified to tell anyone, especially you because I idn't want to lose you.  Gabe is a popular guy, and he's known for feeling not so positive toward the gay community and if he's keeping this a secret then there's  probably a good reason.  Maybe he just figured it out himself and hasn't accepted it?  Or maybe he doesn't think he has a chance.  I mean, Luke did tell him he liked me instead of him.  What if he hasn't said anything because he thinks he wouldn't have a chance?"  He thought it over for a moment and then smiled.

  "Well there's only one way to find out, isn't there?"

Gabe's POV

  "Hey Gabe, do you wanna dance?"  I looked up and saw a pretty red head smiling nervously at me.   I didn't want to dance with her.  There was only one person I wanted to dance with, and he probably didn't want to dance with me anyway.  

  "Sure."  I told her, glad to have a distraction.  She smiled and gripped my arm, pulling me into the living room.  She put her hands on my shoulders and I reluctantly put my hands on her hips.  She wasn't a bad dancer, and neither was I, but I still wasn't quite into it.  Especially when her hands began to travel lower.  She ran a painted red nail down my chest and bit her lip in an effort to look sexy.  It wasn't working.   I just puller her hand away.  She seemed to have the wrong idea, because she grabbed my hand and put it right on her butt.  I simply pushed her off of me and stepped back.