Chapter Seventeen

Newwww chapterrr         Soooo... I'm sorry about all the cliffhangers lately...    

Before I get to the story, there is something very serious I would like to mention.  Yesterday afternoon, a former classmate of mine lost her father to cancer.  We aren't really friends, and I don't think we've really talked much about anything besides school.  I haven't seen her in over a year, but I know how she feels.  My father too passed away, and I know I found it comforting when someone honestly cared, so please, if you will, keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you :)  and although she probably won't read this, this chapter is dedicated to her :)

Chapter Seventeen- Austen's POV

   "It's Zeek.  I'm gay and I'm in love with Zeek, and he loves me too and he's my boyfriend."  I could feel a giant weight being lifted off my shoulders, and smiled.  I grabbed Zeek's hand and laced our fingers together.  He smiled at me, almost making me forget my family was in the room.

  "OH MY GOSH!  So cute!!!" Beverly threw herself at us, crushing us both into a hug.  When she finally calmed down, she stood at my side and I looked at my parents, waiting for their reaction.

  "Austen, are you honestly in love with Zeek?"  My father stood up and took a step toward us.

  "Yes.  With all my heart."

  "And you want to spend the rest of your life with him?"

  "Forever and always."  Zeek blushed and smiled.

  "Then I welcome you to the family, Zeek.  I've always wanted another son."  My dad smiled and gave us both a hug.  I turned to my mom.

  "Mom?"

  "Get out."  My heart sank and my eyes began to water.

  "What?"

  "I said get out.  I will not have something as disgusting as this living in my house.  You have five seconds to get your slut and leave."  I no longer felt sad.  I was pissed.  Furious.

  "Do not call him a slut.  He is more amazing than you will ever know.  He is the love of my life, and if you can't accept that, then I guess you no longer have a son."  I turned to my father and sister who were speechlessly standing aside.  "As for you two, I will stay in touch.  Love you dad, love you Beverly.  Give Emma a kiss for me."  I gave my mother one last glare and pulled Zeek out the door.  We walked across the yards and I was about to enter Zeek's house, but he tugged on my hand, stopping me.

  "Austen, are you okay?"  I was about to say yes, but I knew I would be lying to him, so I didn't answer.  "Austen, come here."  I shuffled closer to him and he wrapped me in a big hug.  "I love you."  He whispered.

  "I love you too."  I returned his hug and wiped my tears with my sleeve.  "I'm sorry my mom called you a slut."  He laughed and pulled away a little.

  "Don't worry about it."  He held my face in his hands and brushed his thumb across my cheek.  "You're amazing, you know that?"  I raised a brow.

  "No... Why am I amazing?"  He smiled.

  "Not only are you incredibly attractive, but you're very sweet.  You're more worried about a stupid comment your mother made about me, than the fact that she kicked you out.  You have more self control than anyone I know.  You're more than just my best friend and my boyfriend.  You're my hero, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm lucky to call you mine."  I smiled and pulled him closer to me.

  "You're the amazing one Zeek.  I don't know how you've managed six years of seeing me almost everyday and being in love with me, without telling me.  I've only realized my feelings about a year ago and  I almost told you many times... I was actually planning on telling you the day I heard you talking to Naomi..."