11.) Never Be The Same

Start from the beginning

That was the last straw of the night. I tackled her into a waiter that had a tray of drinks in his hands. We went down on the ground fighting. I grabbed her by her head and started bashing it into the ground. It was as if a whole other presence had taken over me because once it started I didn't know how to end it. I was determined to kill her. Blood came from her face and mouth as I began throwing punches and kicks to her body. Hitting her anywhere I could get my hands on. She was dead to me and everyone in that room would know it.

"PATRICIA STOP IT! YOU'RE GONNA KILL HER!" Angela yelled. I heard her voice but I was blinded by so much rage that I couldn't physically see her.

"That's my goal!" I growled. Suddenly I was pried off of her by Terry. He wrapped his arms around my waist as Gavin rushed to Diane's side.

"Oh my God. Is she dead?" Angela asked. Diane's body laid on the round lifeless and there was no movement coming from her.

"God, I hope so." I said brushing my hair out of my face. Gavin looked my way with rage in his eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What were you thinking?" Gavin asked.

"Oh, shut the hell up talking to me bastard! This is YOUR fault!" I yelled. Terry rubbed my shoulder trying to get me to calm down.

"If she dies your ass will rot in jail. I will make sure of it. No wonder I divorced you. You're crazy as hell!" Gavin yelled.

"Shut the fuck up talking to her like that." Terry said. He then turned me around to face him.

"Are you okay? You know you're not supposed to be fighting while you're pregnant with my child." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll be fine once I see her laying in the morgue. Can we go now? Because I feel like if we don't leave right now I'm going to make sure no life is remaining in her body whatsoever." I warned him.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Pat you need to leave. Troy call an ambulance please?" Angela said. Troy nodded his head before leaving.

"Really? You're putting me out? You heard what she said to me. She should be the one leaving." I snapped.

"Well, she won't be leaving anywhere if she's dead now will she? She was wrong, but so were you. You attacked her like a wild animal. Just go." Angela said.

I shook my head in disbelief. The fact that Angela was taking her side was beyond even me. Tears came to my eyes realizing that this group would never be the same again. Terry grabbed my hand so we could go, but before we could leave Sheila stopped me.

"You did the right thing Pat. Don't let her get you down." I hugged Sheila before leaving. She was the only friend that I had left.

Terry and I left that night knowing that our group of friends would never be the same. Nothing was the same anymore and it never would be. Too many things had transpired and too many bridges had been burned.

*Flashback Over*

"So what happened after that?" Dr. Young asked.

"Well, Diane and the baby were okay if that's what you're asking. She was banged up pretty badly though. She put a restraining order against me which was best for all of us and she had the baby shortly after that. They had a little ceremony and married in the delivery room. Her and Gavin moved to Minnesota after that." I said.

"If you don't mind me asking this how can you be so calm about the situation? Your ex best friend and your ex husband are together and are now living happily ever after in Minnesota. But it's as if that doesn't bother you. Why is that?" Dr. Young asked.