10.) Not Such A New Year

Sorry for the wait. Blame @xoxoshoshanaxoxo for that 😂👊🏾 no but seriously we both got caught up with different things. But please excuse any mistakes and enjoy ❤️

Marcus's POV

After grabbing my gun I raced over to Sheila's house as fast as I could. I knew that she was in danger, but if he hurt her he would be put six feet under. When I got to their house I jumped out of my truck and raced inside their home. The house was dark and messy. I hand my gun locked, loaded, and ready to fire. I didn't see Sheila nor Troy downstairs so I made my way up the stairs. When I got there I found Troy passed out on the bed and Sheila on the floor of their bathroom.

"Hey, baby. Baby wake up." I said rushing by Sheila's side. She moved a little as she opened her eyes. I could tell that she was started because she thought I was Troy at first.

"M-Marcus?"

"Yeah, it's me. Did he hurt you? Can you walk?" I asked as I examined her carefully. She tried to stand up but almost fell due to the pain. I wrapped her arm around my neck as I helped her stand up.

"Get me out of here please?" Sheila asked as her voice broke. I kissed her head then her lips as I helped her walk.

"I got you. You're safe now." I grabbed her bag that she'd packed. Then helped her outside to my truck and buckled her in. As soon as I pulled off I looked over to see her asleep. I knew then that I would never let anyone else hurt her ever again.

THE NEXT DAY

Angela's POV

The time had come for the New Year's Eve party and everything was falling into place perfectly.I hired chefs and servers. I went all out for this This was the first time my friends and I were seeing each other in months and I wanted everything to be perfect. Marcus hadn't been here all day, but honestly it wasn't really my concern. This party and making sure everything went perfect was my focal point. Patricia and Terry were the first ones to arrive.

"Wow, this place is beautiful. You really went all out for the party." Pat said as she hugged me. I hugged her tightly before hugging Terry too.

"Thanks so much Patty. I'm glad you like it. I just wanted us all to have one night where we forgot all of our problems and had some fun together."

"Who else is coming tonight?" Terry asked. Patricia's coat was taken as I cleared my throat. I tried my hardest to avoid that question as I grabbed a glass of wine from one of the servers.

"Angela." Patricia said folding her arms.

"Yeah?" I asked avoiding eye contact with her.

"Who else is coming?" She asked. Before I could answer Gavin, Diane, and Troy walked into the place. I could see anger instantly take over Patricia as she looked at me.

I grabbed the wine that I was holding and threw it back before grabbing another glass.

"Angela, what the hell are they doing here?" Patricia asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Don't play with me. If you can huh you can hear. What the hell are they doing here?" She asked again.

"I decided that inviting everyone would be the right thing to do, I didn't want anyone to feel left out." I admitted. Patricia folded her arms as she looked at me.

"If that's the case where is Sheila?"

"I don't know Pat. I invited everyone whether they come or not is on them. I did my part."