9.) Nobody's Safe

Angela's POV

I was sitting on the couch when Marcus finally decided to come home from wherever the hell he's been. Marcus's whereabouts doesn't really bother me that much anymore. He's showed me and I know for a fact that no matter what I say he's going to do what he wants to do. But in sitting here I was able to do some thinking about my friendships and relationships with the people in my life. Things had gotten so out hand since that trip to the Bahamas. Relationships were ruined and our circle was no longer a circle. Patricia and Diane decided to distance themselves from the group. We also lost Gavin and Terry which was understandable given the circumstances, but I missed them like hell and decided to do something about it.

"Marcus! Marcus, could you come here for a second?" I called to him. It took a few months but he came.

"What's up?"

"Can you sit down please?" I asked. Marcus sighed then sat down in a chair across from me.

"What do you want Angela?"

"Well, I've been doing some thinking about the group with it being in the condition that it is now, and I think we should host a New Years party."

"Do what you want Angela. I don't give a fuck." Marcus replied, before standing up.

"Wait..." I said stopping him in his tracks. "What's going on with you? Why are you so angry all of a sudden?"

"I'm just tired, okay? You know how I get when I ain't had no sleep you know what I'm saying?"

"Mmm... whatever. " I rolled my eyes it was clear that he was lying but I decided to dismiss it. "You know ever since Patricia and Diane went through that whole ordeal it makes me realize that nobody's safe when it comes to their spouses. So what I want you to do is go call the fellas and inform them about the party that we're having. I 'll call Patricia and Diane. Maybe you shouldn't tell them who's coming if you do then they will come willingly."

"What about Sheila?" Marcus asked.

"What about her?"

"Aren't you going to call her and tell her about the party?"

"No, I don't think this will be her thing. I'm not worried about inviting her because I know she probably won't show up anyway. If it makes you fell better I'll call Troy. How's that?"

Marcus shook his head then walked out. I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled out my phone then started making the calls. Starting with Troy's fine ass. There was just something about that man that made my panties wet and me weak in the knees.

Sheila's POV

"Sheila stop trying to make me think that I'm crazy! I know you been fucking someone else now who is it?!" Troy yelled at me for the tenth time this morning.

"Troy, I told you that there is no one else. Now stop it! You're scaring me." I tried walking away from him, but he grabbed me tightly by my arms and pinned me against the wall by my neck. His grip got tighter and tighter as that crazy look in his eyes increased.

Ever since he'd been laid off from his job he'd been acting crazier and his abusive stage had become even worse than before. At first it would start off with a simple push or him slightly bruising my arms or hands. That gradually turned into him grabbing me and hitting me. I tried leaving but he made threats. I'd never been through anything like this before. Mike only talked down to me and hit me maybe once or twice, but I was a fool in love. I got out of it and ran right into Troy's arms. Troy put up a front for awhile. He got me to love and marry him, but not once did he ever talk about having a family with me. I don't know what is wrong with me. Why do I attract these crazy ass men. Marcus, on the other hand is nothing like Mike or Troy. He actually cares about me. The fact that we both were married only created drama. I wanted to get out, but Troy wouldn't let me. I made a promise to myself that no matter what happened I'd get out of this relationship.

"I don't give a fuck Sheila! I've told you once now I'm telling you again if you think you leaving me for another nigga you got a rude awakening coming to you babygirl. Death is the only way you getting out this motherfucker."

Troy harshly pushed me against the wall before walking out the room. Tears stripped from my eyes as I cried into my handsl. I couldn't believe that this was my life. The pain and all the tears made things real for me. I couldn't take being in this life anymore. Troy broke me all the way down. He made me thin that I wasn't worth anything. He told me that everyday that I wouldn't be shit without him. He told me that I was the only man that would ever love him. He made me hate myself for getting into this. There was nothing left for me here in this life. I wanted out so badly.

I heard my phone ringing, but I didn't have the strength to answer it. I just wanted to go into the bathroom and end it all. I didn't have the fight or the strength that I needed to keep going.

Marcus POV

I didn't have a good feeling about Sheila's situation today. I called Sheila's phone numerous of times, but to no avail. I kept calling and kept calling and kept calling until finally she picked up.

"Hello?" She said. By the sound of her voice I knew that she'd been crying. I knew that something was wrong.

"Baby, tell me what's wrong. What happened?"

"Troy... he-" She couldn't even finish her sentence by how hard she was crying. I got her to calm down long enough for her to listen to me.

"Okay, listen to me I want you to go into your room and pack you a bag. I'm coming to get you. I don't care if he's there or not. If he tries to stop me then he gone catch this fade. You ain't gotta worry about him no more."

"No, he has a gun. Marcus, things here have gotten much worse since that day in the Bahamas. Ever since he lost his job he just takes his frustrations out on me. I don't want anything happening to you because of me. This is the choice that I made when I married him. Now I have to live with it." Sheila cried.

"I'm a man baby. I promised you at the Cabana that if you didn't take care of it I would. What Troy needs is someone who is just as crazy to go against, and here he's met his match."

"I just don't want this to end how I feel it will. He's already told me countless of times that if I tried to leave him I'd die."

"Listen to me, okay? Do you trust me?" I asked.

"You know that I do." She whispered. I sighed then closed my eyes.

"Then don't worry about it. I got you. Nobody is going to hurt you and get away with it. You're much too beautiful to have to put up with this. You're worth more than that."

"But what about Angela?" She asked.

"Fuck her, I don't care what she thinks anymore. I'm done with this marriage and I'm done with her. All I want is you. So please do as I say I'm on my way over there now."

"Please, hurry... I hear him coming back now." She said with fear in her voice. I heard Troy yelling at her, her pleading with him to leave her alone, her screaming and resistance on the other end after that the line went dead.

I went into the closet that I kept my safety arms and grabbed one. I then grabbed my keys, my jacket, and headed out the door. Troy picked on the wrong one. I cared about her more than anyone knew. I was going to make sure Sheila was safe no matter what happened.