"I understand. Anyways, I just wanted you to know how I feel." He says sadly. I berate myself for hurting him, but I know it is for the best.

The rest of the journey was just silence. Awkward, tense silence. Even when we reached my favorite cafe, silence consumed the both of us. We ate in silence and went back in silence.

Silence.

It was torturous. I knew that he was heartbroken and hurt over my rejecting him but I had nothing to say to help make him feel better about the situation.

When we reached my home, I hurriedly jumped out the car and raced the house. I was trying to unlock the door when Jonathan suddenly appeared before me and leaned against the door. Panic rose within me.

"So, do you want to do anything tomorrow night?" He asked warily.

"Tomorrow is the full moon," I tell him.

"How about tonight?" He asks.

"My dad and I are reviewing this thing together."

"How about the day after tomorrow?"

"Recovering from the full moon," I informed flatly.

Sighing, he combed his hand through his golden blonde hair. His brown eyes were losing hope within them and I did not know what to say to help him out, yet again. When nothing was said any further, I unlocked the door and went inside and closed it behind me; letting him know the conversation is over and I do not wish to continue it.

I trudged my way through the living room to the kitchen. Walking to the back door, I pulled out a cigarette from the box on the counter and joined my father on the patio. Lighting it up, I felt the cautious gaze of my father on me.

Leaning my arms on spread legs, I raised an eyebrow at him as I exhaled the smoke from my lungs.

"What's up?" He asked.

Taking another drag of my cigarette, I hung my head. "Jonathan said he's fallen for me." I said, exhaling the smoke.

"Ah. Your response?" He asked as he looked down at his book with that 'I know all' look on his face. Leaning back against the wall, I looked up at the sky and took another drag.

"I tried to let him down easy."

"He's heartbroken and tried to ask you out on a date but you're too busy to date anyone. Am I right?" He asks, smirking at me.

"As per usual, papa," I tell him with a sigh.

He patted my head as I flicked the ash off my cigarette. I hate smoking, but whenever I get stressed out I always have just the one to feel it take the weight off my shoulders.

Flicking the butt into the garden, I stuffed my hands into my pockets as I made my way inside. It was quite chilly outside today and my purple camisole with black leggings was not doing me any favors.

Stomping my way upstairs, I threw myself onto my bed and screamed angrily into the pillows.

Why are guys so damn frustrating? They admit how they feel and they give you this crap about how they understand when you say you do not feel the same way, and yet they still try to go out with you. It is as though they do not understand what 'I don't understand' looks like until it is written down on a piece of paper and thrown in their faces.

But worse than that, why do they do this at the worst possible time ever? I was so excited to go eat at my favorite cafe but ruins it by admitting he has feelings for me! My whole morning has been absolutely ruined.

I lifted my head, an idea occurs to me. I raced to my closet and quickly changed into my work out clothes. Jogging downstairs, I see my father sitting at his computer, a thoughtful expression on his face.