Two

My blood was coursing through my veins like fire. My head was tilting and my stomach felt like it had joined the gymnastics. I start to laugh uncontrollably. Holding my stomach with my hands, I meet Devon's green eyes.

"Let me get this straight. You are banning me from the pack and will kill me if I try to return?" I sucked in a breath to calm my giggles. "Just because I scratched the Alpha's son's girlfriend, who isn't even his mate, after she challenged me to fight her?"

"Effective immediately." Devon confirmed, nodding his head.

I paused, flabbergasted.

Then, I exploded.

"Are you fucking insane? You are fucking BANNING me? I was fucking doing what any other fucking wolf would have fucking done!" I shouted, flaring my arms in fury. The guards tensed, while Devon continued to look nonchalant. "So what if she got injured! Shit fucking happens! This has to be some sick joke! Tell me you are joking!" I demanded, holding the Beta's green eyes, my hands pressed to the bars.

Devon stared at me for a long moment, his arms folded over his broad chest, his lips formed into a cocky smile.

"You're not joking." I breathed, my thoughts racing and fearful at the reality I was now banned. Devon blinked. "Don't I get to say goodbye to my loved ones?" I asked, the question sounded more like a plea.

"Your family has been informed of the Alpha's decision." Devon informed emotionlessly. When I hung my head, he nodded at one of the guards to unlock my cell.

As soon as it swung open, I shifted. My clothes tore off of me as I barreled through the guards and the Beta, knocking them over like bowling pins. I bolted down the hall and up the stairs. There were two guards at the top. When they saw me emerge, they reached for their silver bullet guns, used especially for escaping prisoners.

I growled and flew at them. A shot was fired, but I felt nothing. Assuming they had missed, I tackled one of the guards. He flew into a wall and fell like a wet rag to the ground. Fearful I was wasting time, I simply pushed away the other one and broke through the front door. I began running for my home, my thoughts reassuring me that my family will defend me. They will help explain to the Alpha and make him see reason, right?

I could hear Devon and some guards racing after me. Devon was fast, but luckily I was faster. The cells were seven miles from the village where all of the pack members lived. For a normal wolf, it took five minutes to get there, for me, it took half that time. By the time I saw the village, I saw a familiar blue haired boy. He was walking towards his house, his scent filling my nose. I smiled at the sight of him.

Stopping behind a house, I shifted back. I didn't care that I was naked, nudity was not uncommon in the lycanthrope world.

"Christian," I quietly hissed at him. He turned, confused by the sound of his name. When he saw me, he grinned excitedly, his blue eyes lighting up. Running over, he pulled me into his arms.

Inhaling his familiar scent of pine, I felt my muscles relax. Pulling away, my hands rested on his chest as his held on my bare hips. I explained how Alpha Maddox had issued I be banned for life.

"That's fucked up!" Christian hissed, his eyes gold with anger. "He can't ban you for defending yourself!"

"I bet Lily Rose has something to do with this." I hissed, thinking of how she had assumed and changed the story. "She probably made it sound like I had purposely tried to kill her. No doubt Priscilla bitched to Jacob who of course would be upset at her hospitalization. I just thought Alpha Maddox would see more clearly and not be so easily manipulated." I thought out loud, pressing myself closer to Christian. He instinctively hugged me tighter, his fingers pressing into my skin. Without a second thought, I urgently pressed my lips to his.