In Her Heat - Chapter Nine

"The hell I'm sharing a room with Cade !" I shouted.

"Ainsley, there's no other space-" Damon said.

"Make. Space. I don't care what you have to do or how you have to do it. Make it happen."

"Ainsley, there is no other rooms. Cade is the other person with an empty space."

It was the sixth time Damon had told me that since I'd walked into his office ten minutes ago. I'd known him a short while but he'd already managed to piss me off.

"Move people around. Kick someone out. I am not sharing a freaking room with that jerk!"

"Everyone is where they are for a reason. If they could be somewhere else so you could have a room, they would be there."

"What about those huge houses?"

"Family houses. And they're packed. Some are overpacked, as well."

"Well we can make one of the smaller cabins a third."

"We can't. It's a safety hazard."

"What about those overpacked houses? They're not safety hazards?" I argued.

"They are," Damon said, "But because there's more space in those houses, it's staying like that until we finish the construction on the new houses."

"When will that be?"

"Late November."

"Speed up the process."

"Ainsley," It was a growl from Damon and my wolf recognized the authority. I switched tactics.

"Can't you put Ashton with Cade and let me stay with Reese?" I pleaded.

"Hey!" Ashton protested.

"Wow, I think that's the best idea yet," Reese said.

"Not possible."

"Why not?" Me and Reese asked together.

"If you thought with your upper head instead of your lower one for a second, Reese, you would know you and Ashton are in the cabin you're in because you're near headquarters. If an emergency happens, we need both of you as close to headquarters as possible. Cade's cabin is on the other side. And you have security equipment in your room." Damon was getting frustrated

"Right, sir. Sorry." Reese said.

I sighed, frustrated. "This is not happening." I wouldn't have had a problem with staying with Cade if he hadn't been such a jerk after we kissed. He'd gotten even worse. I mean, come on, it was just one kiss. Albeit, a deliciously hot kiss, a kiss that....

"I'm sorry, Ainsley," Damon's voice broke my thoughts. "But you're staying with Cade and that's that."

"When pigs fly."

"Well then take a front seat at a window and start watching."

My temper flared. "There is no way in hell I am sleeping in the same cabin as Cade."

"She's damn right she's not." I whirled to face Cade who'd just entered the room. He took up the entire doorframe, making the office seem smaller. The temperature in the room seemed to rise, as did the tension.

"Cade, don't start," Damon warned.

"She's not staying with me."

"You know as well as I do that there's no other damn place to put her in. Shit!" Damon took off his black frame glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. It was a cute nose framed by adorable freckles. His eyes were a dreamy brown and his lips had a full tilt to them. His hair was a reddish brown and the strands looked silky. He was gorgeous as well. As the realization that I was in a room with four hot guys dawned, my arousal deepened, my nipples peaking even more and my panties growing wetter.