In Her Heat - Chapter Twenty Two (and a half)

HEEY GUYS, SOOO SORRY FOR THE WAIT, THINGS HAVE BEEN HECTIC ! I'M WORKING ON A FEW CHAPTERS SO I CAN POST A BIG LONG ONE, BUT I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME, SO TO SHOW YOU I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU, HERE'S A LITTLE BIT TO GO WITH THE LAST CHAPTER.

HERE'S CHAPTER TWENTY TWO AND A HALF ! :P

*********

âGet the hell away from her, Gabe,â he growled. His voice was dangerously low and seething with anger. Cade called Gabe by name so they knew each other, I assumed.

âCade,â Gabe said easily. In a smooth move, he put me behind him, pulling me from in between him and Cade. The mood seemed to only infuriate Cade more. âItâs been a long time. And I can see you still have quite the temper, twin.â

Twin? Oh my Lanta, this was going to get very very messy.

âDonât push me, Gabe.â

âWait, wait, wait. Twin?â I asked, stepping out from behind Gabe.

âFraternal,â Gabe informed me, flashing a smile my way. Despite the circumstances, I still flushed and flooded. Everywhere.

Cade snarled.

I really had to get some control over my body.

âWhat the hell do you think you were about to do?â

Gabe snorted. âUnless youâre into threesomes, it doesnât really concern you, little brother.â

Cade leaped at him.

I threw myself between them. The children were bound to arrive for class soon, and were or not, two brothers fighting viciously was not the scene they should be greeted with.

âCade, relax!â I yelled. I placed my hands on his chest and he let me push him back a few steps. âIf youâre going to act like a neandrathal, you can leave,â I said firmly.

âAinsley-â

âNo, Cade. Stop acting so damn possessive!â

Silence reigned for a few moments. Cade and Gabe stared each other down. Tension crackled between the two, and I couldnât help but wonder which was the Alpha male.

My thoughts were brushed aside as my improving hearing picked up on children approaching. âThe children are coming. Cade, I assume you have things to do, so go do them and leave us in peace.â

He snapped his gaze to mine, nostrils flaring in fury. The intensity in his eyes shook me and stole my breath. His hand reached out slowly, and he grasped the vulnerable nape of my neck. I couldnât resist. I knew I was probably setting the feminist movement back a few hundred steps in my pathetically easy surrender to his show of dominance, but I couldnât care less. He captivated me.

Eyes snagged on mine, I read the message clear in his eyes: Mine.

I struggled to breathe and his arm slowly left my neck and he exited the room.

âUm, if you guys are done your whole intensely scary fight thing, could I come inside?â

I laughed - albeit, a bit nervously- at Athena who I just noticed standing outside the door.

Gabe joined in, his sparkling eyes meeting mine in a clash of heat.

âCome on in.â

***

The day flew by as I set out crayons, tended to cuts and sang nursery songs with the children. Working alongside Gabe and Athena proved to be enjoyable, and almost all the kids took to me quickly. All but one.