Chapter Thirty (Part 1)

*Bucky's POV*

The day was finally here. The Winter Formal. School had been closed in order to prepare the gym. It was currently 6:50, 10 minutes till the dance began. The dance was set to end at 10, 12 at the latest and school was going to be closed again the next day. In my opinion, this Winter Formal was the best idea I've ever heard of.

I was standing in front of the mirror in the boys bathroom, fixing up my tuxedo. I needed to look nice to Maggie. Johnny had already gone with his date and Steve was one of the stalls, putting on his suit.

"Looking sharp," Steve said as he exited the stall.

"Not to bad yourself," I told him. We both chuckled. "So, I heard you and Ross had a little dance lesson that was interrupted by Loki. You know, if you wanted to date my sister, you could've just asked."

Steve shoved me and I shoved him back, but since it was my metal arm it was like 100% stronger and caused him to fall over. We both started laughing as I helped Steve up.

"You should get going. I'm gonna go get Maggie in a few and you don't wanna be late for your first date ever."

"Peggy is not my first date ever," Steve mumbled.

"Yeah whatever."

Steve bumped my shoulder as he left. I laughed as he walked out the door. That's the kind of relationship Steve and I had. We were like brothers to one another. Add Rosaline in the mix and we were three siblings. Actually, some people did believe the three of us were related.

I splashed a bit of water on my face just to seem more awake and less nervous than I actually was. I then looked at myself in the mirror.

"Let's go," I said to myself. Geez, I sounded like I was getting married.

I did the last finishing touches on my outfit and exited the bathroom. Just as I let the bathroom door close behind me, someone attacked me from behind, covering my head in something to keep me from seeing. I flailed my arms out, trying to hit my attacker or at least push him away long enough so I could fight back.

I felt a pain in my neck as my attacker injected me with something. My body went limp first. All I could feel was someones arm over my rib cage holding me up. The last thing I heard was, "Good job, Doom."

And then there was blackness.

*******

*Rosaline's POV*

I stood in my room. I was looking at myself in the mirror over my dresser. I was wearing my old fashioned dress and the crown Natasha had picked out for me. The dress truely did look beautiful and I was glad I bought it.

There was a knock at the door. Loki. I slowly approached the door and opened it. Loki stood there with something in his hand. He was wearing a normal, human suit. He looked at me, his mouth agape.

"Lady Barnes," he breathed. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I said and felt my cheeks heat up. "You look handsome. Let's get going."

"Wait," Loki said, holding his hand out to stop me. "I have something for you."

"Loki, you didn't have to-"

My words trailed off when Loki outstretched his hand. What he had got me with a necklace with a medal pendant. It looked like his helmet except the horns were in the shape of a heart.

"It's beautiful," I said.

"Stark made it for me," he said. "Turn around, I'll put it on you."

I turned so I was back on to Loki and lifted my hair away from my neck. Loki's cold hands brushed over the newly exposed skin as he placed the necklace around my neck. I shivered but played it off so that he wouldn't notice. Once the necklace was clasped, I felt Loki's soft lips press against the back of my neck, right in the middle where my birthmark was. I closed my eyes and (accidentally) moaned. I was really glad we were alone at that moment.