Chapter Seven.

A/N: So I'm the worst, and this has been sitting in my drafts for months. Forgive me, and enjoy! 

-----

Though things between the three friends were still a little strained, life seemed significantly better now that Auden was back on speaking terms with the boys. Scott had continued to give her space for the rest of the weekend, but he'd chosen to leave him bike at home on Monday morning and walk to school with Auden, apologizing for everything that had happened on the way. He'd also filled her in on how things were going with Allison, and his sister was happy for him.

During lunch, Auden had been ambushed by Scott and Stiles as soon as she'd finished buying her lunch, and they dragged her to a table on the outskirts of the cafeteria. She'd barely had a chance to sit down before Stiles began talking.

"Okay, you've missed a lot, so I'm going to give you the run down." He took a deep breath, clearly trying to ready himself. Auden looked at Scott, who rolled his eyes, but then nodded back to Stiles.

"Here goes nothing. Derek Hale is a werewolf, but you already knew that. He's not the werewolf who bit Scott, though. Scott wolfed out at tryouts the other day, separated Jackson's shoulder, and tried to kill me in the locker room, so I had to spray him with the fire extinguisher." Auden's eyebrows shot up at that, but there was no time for her to interject as Stiles continued speaking. "Derek broke into your house the other night and threatened Scott, because he was being a creeper and watching him at practice."

"I'm sorry, what?!" Auden couldn't hold back her comment this time. "He was in our house? Where we live?"

Scott just nodded in answer to her question, and Stiles picked up where he left off.

"Derek brought Allison's jacket back to the school after he used it to taunt Scott, Scott went to Derek's to tell him to leave Allison alone, and while he was there, he smelled blood. We went to the hospital and Scott broke into the morgue to see if the blood he smelled was the same as the body the police found. It was, and I got ignored by Lydia while I was there. We went body hunting at Derek's, dug up half a wolf, I found Wolfsbane, and when I tugged on it, it was connected to a rope, and the wolf turned into the other half of a girl. We got Derek arrested, and then he got let out because they found hair on the lower half of the body, and since it was from a wolf and not a human, and Derek obviously doesn't look outwardly like a wolf, they let him go."

He stopped talking, his face red. Auden began to try and process everything he'd told her, but apparently there was one more important aspect he hadn't mentioned.

"Also, Mr. Argent is a werewolf hunter."

"What?!" Auden knew she was being too loud, but she couldn't help it. Both boys hushed her.

"He's a werewolf hunter?" She whispered harshly.

"Yup!" Stiles sounded a little too excited about it. "And he shot Scott!"

This was also news to Auden, her eyes sliding over to Scott.

"He shot you?!" Scott nodded, eyes trained on the table.

"With a crossbow," Stiles spit out.

Scott rolled his eyes, and Auden had a feeling the boys had already had a conversation very similar to the one they were having now.

"Yes," Scott huffed. "With a crossbow. He doesn't know it was me though, and I'd like to keep it that way."

As lunch went on, Auden got a more in depth version of the things that had happened in the last two weeks, and by the time the bell rang signaling the end of the period, she felt completely overwhelmed.