Then I stand alone and my damn anxiety decides to come back.

Let's evaluate the situation. There are about a 100 people in this room which accumulates to about 1000 different problems. That's a lot of things that can go wrong, so I guess I'm fucked.

"Calypso?" This voice seems familiar. "Well, it's been long."

I turn my head to look at the owner of the voice only to see its none other than...

Dexter.

He looks...well he looks no different. I guess the only difference was, this time when I looked at him I didn't feel the way I used to. Of course, seeing him reminded me of that dark day I cried myself to sleep, but it didn't faze me. Just the thought, the mere thought that I had Jungkook was enough to ward off all the bad memories of our—bad relationship.

"Why are you here?" My tone comes off rude, not how I intended it to be. Saying hello to him was what j should have said first but the fact that he didn't even go this school yet he was here at our prom was what confused me. The question just slipped. "O-oh. I mean h-hi."

Dexter smiles and throws his head back. "You seem happy to see me," he says sarcastically.

I laugh nervously and rub the nape of my neck. "Hahaha...yeah. Hey."

"Hey."

"Sorry about my question coming off as rude, but dude didn't you move?" I chuckle a bit. "Why are you at prom?"

He shrugs. "Just came with a few guys, ya' know. I'm accompanying them."

"Oh."

"Yeah..." he says we plunge into an awkward silence before he breaks it. "I wish I hadn't though." He turns to look at me. "This party is lame."

I laugh a bit. "I can agree."

"At least I got to see you though. Last time we talked, we were on bad ends." He says softly. "Sorry about that."

"Don't be sorry." I look him right in the eye. "Did you regret it?" He shakes his bead in response so I continue. "Well then, if you didn't, there is no need to be sorry." I give him a faint smile, this one real. "If I'm being honest, what you did really hurt me, but everything happens for the best. After our break up, my eyes were opened to something else. I guess the relationship we had was just...just..."

"Friends who occasionally kiss?" He asks amusingly with his eyebrows raised.

I giggle at that. "Yes. We were like friends who kissed."

Then there is silence.

"Hey," he turns to me once more, "I'm sorry if I hurt you. I just thought it was best if we split."

I give him a smile, one that accepts his apology. "That's alright. After all, it really was best that we split." I sigh, not one of sadness, but because my gaze lands on a dreamy looking Jungkook across the gym, at the tables, struggling to pour some sort of drink in two glasses without spilling any.

Dexter follows my gaze. "I knew it."

"Huh?" My head snaps in his direction. It's like I have been caught red-handed, but instead of looking at me like I have been caught red-handed, Dexter looks at me with a smile—maybe even a smirk.

"When did you two get together?" He asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on Calypso." He still grins. Thee us a pause as he waits for me to answer but I just look at him cluelessly. "Alright, how about we talk over this with a dance." Right on cue, the song turns into a slow song. I thought that only happened in movies?

I look down at his hand held out for me to take.  Hesitantly, I put my hand in his and give a reassuring smile that I think was more for me than him. "Sure."

And we got to dance on the floor.

He had his hands on my waist, barely touching me though. His hands didn't rest there like when Jungkook would hold me, Instead Dexter would be tense. His hands didn't stray anywhere near my behind. I respected him for that. As we danced, I told him—officially—that Jungkook and I were dating and so I guess he was trying his best to be a gentleman. We laughed and talked through the dance and I saw that at first get seemed a bit—only a bit— bothered by the fact that I found a boyfriend, but he soon relaxed and I could see he was genuinely happy for me.

We danced for about 3 songs before I remembered Jungkook. But by then it's was too late.

"Hey, bro, could you maybe get your hands off my girl?"

(I should be gifting you guy on this occasion but here I am with a short chapter. I can't make any promises but I will TRY to post another today. I probably won't be able to, but I will try my best. If I cant today, the tomorrow. Don't hold this against me because I don't want to make a promise I can't keep so another chapter today is a possibility.

Also...

Once again thank you so much for 3K reads!!! Ily all you much❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘)

Chapter Thirty-Seven of:
LOVE