Ch:8

They met in the Jaeger's kitchen, all around the 's dad was at the head of it and Levi and Eren were on the other end, holding hands. Armin was sitting on the couch, holding a pillow and playing Tetris, trying to repress the memories of seeing Levi and Eren getting it on.
"Alright. What the actual hell went on over there? Eren, who is this kid?"
Eren looked down. Then, he looked at Levi, and Levi nodded.
"This is my boyfriend dad. His name is Levi and we met at swim team."
"You just met him? Swim team started what, 3 weeks ago? Why were you two having *sex* on my couch? That is disgusting behavior." Eren's dad yelled from the other side of the table. Levi squeezed Eren's hand.
"Don't even get me started on you mister. Tying up my son? Making him into a masochist? You should be ashamed of yourself. Who are your parents?"
"I didn't make Eren a masochist, and I don't have parents. What we did was completely consensual."
"You two are BOTH underage for this. Eren is 15, and you're what, 18? That's illegal!"
"With all due respect sir, I'm 17, just turned actually."
"Oh great, just turned 17. That's just fabulous." Eren's dad said as he leaned back in his chair.
"You could have at least told me you were gay, I can accept that. I could even accept this if it was Armin. But this guy? I don't know him!" Mr. Jaeger said, throwing his hands up in the air. Levi sighed.
"Eren, this kid has no expression. How can you like him?" Eren's dad said again.
"Listen dad, I don't like him. I love him. And you can either accept it or not, but I'm staying with him." Eren said, hanging on to Levi's hand for dear life.
"Levi, have anything to add to this?" Mr. Jaeger said, exasperated.
"No sir, except the fact that I love your son. He's the only human being I've ever loved before, and I'm not sure what I would do if you took him from me."
Grisha Jaeger studied Levi.
"Actually, do I know you?" Eren's father asked Levi. [Oh no.] Levi thought.
"Did you used to be a pediatric specialist?" Levi asked with a straight face.
"Actually, I did."
"Then I'm sure you remember me as the kid you mistakenly gave insane amounts of codeine to." Levi said, his left eye twitching slightly. He had an extremely firm grasp of Eren's hand.
"Levi... Rivaille?" Mr. Jaeger asked.
"The one and only." Levi responded, getting a little irritated.
"So you're the kid that I accidentally screwed up their doses... I wonder why your parents didn't say anything." Eren's dad thought out loud. Eren didn't have words for this situation.
"They aren't my parents. If you would have looked close enough at the sheet they gave you with my birth information, it just says they're my legal about genetics." Levi said coldly.
"Well, I apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that caused you." Mr. Jaeger said.
"Inconvenience or discomfort?" Levi asked, appalled. He didn't want to tell his old doctor that he had gotten hooked on the medicine.
"Listen, Levi, Eren, I don't approve of this. Maybe if I knew you better, but Levi, I refuse to let you date my son. I'm sorry. That is my final decision." Grisha said as he stood up from the table. Eren and Levi continued to sit.
"No dad." Eren said, glaring at his father. His father gave Eren a quizzical look.
"I love him. I love Levi. And I don't care what you say, he makes me happy. Our whole relationship isn't just sex, that's just what you accidentally walked in on. I, I really love him dad. I wish you could see that." Eren said, still holding Levi's hand. Grisha shook his head.
"I'm sorry. I can't accept it. You can't love someone after three weeks."
"Yes I can dad! I'm not your little boy anymore. You leave me alone all the time anyway, why do you care if I have a boyfriend or not?"
"Because I don't want to see you get hurt."
Levi's face fell at Grisha's statement. Eren sat there, staring at his dad.
"I love Eren Jaeger, and nothing you say will stop me." Levi said, tightly holding Eren's hand. Eren blushed. Grisha frowned and narrowed his eyes.
"Get out then." He said.
"W-what?" Eren asked.
"If you want to go with your *boyfriend*, then be my guest. Leave. Take him with. You're sure as hell not staying here with him if that's what you want." Grisha said, walking into his office and shutting the doors. Levi slowly stood, still holding Eren's hand. And then, Eren's life seemed to slip away from him as Levi lightened his grasp, and let go of his hand.
"I think I should leave now then." Levi said, nodding to Eren. All Eren could do was open his mouth, because tears started to flow from his bright teal eyes.
"You're leaving me?" Eren asked, crying. Levi looked down at the ground.
"For now... Yes. I think your dad needs to sort some things out with you."
"Levi! You're just going to leave me here?" Eren yelled, balling up his fists.
Levi "shh"-ed Eren, and calmly put down Eren's fists.
"I didn't say I was breaking up with you you know, I just said I was leaving. Such a needy brat, aren't you?" Levi said as he pulled Eren into a hug. Eren couldn't say anything, he was sobbing against Levi's shoulder.
"I'll see you at swim team, and the coffee shop, and maybe we can go to the movies sometime as well. I think you need to talk to your dad though." Levi said, straight faced. The older boy ran his hands through Eren's messy brown hair, and kissed his head.
"I still love you Eren Jaeger."
~~~
Eren had been laying on his bed sobbing for three hours when there was a knock on his door.
"Go away!" He screamed. The knocking ceased, and the door opened.
"I don't want to see you, you asshole. Leave me alone." Eren retorted as he saw his dad in the doorway. Grisha invited himself in anyway, and sat down on the floor in front of Eren's bed. The same bed Eren and Levi had been sleeping in together.
"Son, we need to have a talk."
"What, you're going to give me the sex talk now?" Eren spat out of his mouth, full of sarcasm and distain. Eren's dad winced at the sudden statement.
"No, I think you know enough about that already." He stated, sighing.
"You know I'm disappointed in you right?" Grisha asked his son calmly.
"You also know that I love you right?" He asked his son again. Eren refused to answer him.
"Anyway, I don't mind that you're gay. It doesn't bother me. What I wish was that you wouldn't have just brought this kid home. Why couldn't you have had a sweet, normal relationship?" Eren's dad asked, face full of confusion. Eren sighed.
"Because it's hard to act normal and have some sort of vanilla relationship when you're with someone you love so painfully much." Eren responded, looking downwards. Grisha's mouth opened to say something, but closed when he saw a tear run down Eren's face. He got up and sat next to Eren on the bed.
"Can I ask you something?" He asked his son. Eren nodded.
"Do you know what was wrong with Levi?"
Eren nodded.
"I think. He told me a lot about it one time."
"He told you that he was a sickly child? With a really bad cough?" Grisha asked. Eren nodded.
"His parents were drug addicts. They asked me to prescribe some medicine for him, and I did. I think he got hooked on it." Grisha said, sighing.
"Has he given that up?" Grisha asked Eren. Eren nodded.
"He said he's been clean for a year now."
"Eren, that's only a year. What happens if he slips back away from reality?"
"He won't dad. And if he does, I'll help him through. It doesn't change the way I feel about him." Eren said, sighing and getting up.
"Please leave dad. I don't want to talk about this."
"If you aren't comfortable talking about your drug addict of a boyfriend, then maybe you shouldn't be with him son." Grisha said, standing up and walking to the door. Eren glared at him.
"Shut the hell up dad. I don't need your advice right now." Eren spat, closing the door.
"*what if he slips back away from reality?*" Eren's dad's words haunted the boy. What if he did lose it? Would Eren be enough to help him through again? Eren started to cry again. He was such a cry baby when things went wrong.
"No," Eren said to himself aloud,
"My dad is not going to control whether or not I go out with Levi. I need to talk to him again."