I'd say I'm surprised to see Katerina Pierce but that'd be a lie. I did tell her that Nik would find her eventually. She just made it sooner rather than later. "Katerina, I wasn't aware you were in town?" I send a smirk her way.

"Not by choice trust me." She replies bitterly sending a glare at Nik who chuckles at her glare.

"Anyway we have business to attend to and I need you to stay here and watch her it's not like she can leave anyway but still." Nik and his witch opening the door.

"So you call me up away from my m-life just for me to babysit?" I say almost slipping up about finding my mate.

"Precisely sister. You see this is just another reason as to why your my favourite sister."

"Huh. I thought it was because we are twins, guess not."

We smile at each other before we start laughing. We used to say this whenever we were younger and did something to make the other one happy. Glad to see that some things haven't changed with the time spent apart.

"That's fine Nik." I get up with my duffle bags and walk to the room that the witch showed me is mine before him and Nik leave.

Unpacking, I find my second duffle filled with blood bags. I quickly grab one, take it to the kitchen, open it up and pour it in a mug before setting it in the microwave to heat.

"Never thought I'd see you drinking from blood bags." Katerina said leaning on my door frame.

Smirking I turn to her, "Never thought I'd see the mighty Katerina captured so easily. But then again I did warn you did I not." Grabbing my warm mug of blood and taking a few quick sips.

"I go by Katherine now. And if I'm not mistaken you did make a promise that you'd protect me from your brother when the time came and we'll the time came." She reminds me while walking towards me to take my mug and have a few sips before setting it on the counter, forgotten.

"That it did but so long as you're by my side my brother will most likely ignore you."  I say while walking to my room to rest. I lie down with my hands behind my head looking at her standing in my new room watching me.

"I'm tired from the long drive now you can either join me to sleep and only sleep or you can stand and wait for the return of my brother after he has had his fun." Debating she crawls into bed with me to sleep knowing that this is the better choice to ensure her survival.

As we start to drift off to sleep there's a knock at the door. Waking us up completely.

I nod to Katherine to get it because I'm supposed to stay hidden. She reluctantly gets up leaving my room.
Shit, I forgot about the compulsion Nik placed on her. She can't leave meaning she can't even open the door to answer it. Oh, well not a me problem.

I stay back in my room listening to the small exchange between Katherine, a woman and a male.

I know that the woman is not a vampire because she just walked into the apartment. If she comes back here she's dead and so is that male vampire at the door. I listen back in to them.

He's taunting her that she can't do anything with his help, with the vervain he has to help free her from Nik's compulsion.