CHAPTER 9: Heart-Attack

K'POV

I got up early as was not able to have a good sleep. While assembling the medicine and noting down all the requirements that will be needed by the doctors here, I heard someone calling me.

Doctor.

I turned and it was the man from yesterday, he is called Toi. Thank you for yesterday, he said avoiding my eyes.

That's my job and you are welcome. I smile continuing 'You know you have a family and they love you. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of them'

He just kept his head low. I will try he said but I don't know how I will meet their needs as I don't have any job and no where I can work as everyone turned me up, he smiled not meeting his eyes. I guess, I suck at my job, he chuckled.

'I know, your wife has told me everything.I know it's not good intruding in your personal space but why don't you report him to the higher authorities'. It came as more of a suggestion than an advice from me.

He looked at me, this doesn't work here. He will bribe them and to meet the main head of the company will be impossible as who will listen to just mere workers.

You should try at least, I said

He just smiled; Doctor it's not that easy. I am happy that at least I am able to live in the village considering Mr. Nang power or else he would have made me moved away from here too.

I don't know who this person was but I have already started disliking him, then suddenly we heard someone clearing his voice, 'Oh, I didn't know worker Toi is also here. The man just spat the word with hatred and it made me wonder who the person is'

Mr. Nang, Toi stammered.

I looked at the man, he was nothing like I imagined. He was dressed decently; a fatherly figure. His smile was friendly unlike his real personality that I was made aware of.

I am looking for Doctor Kit, he said.

It's me, I said not sure how he knew my name.

I see, I am Director Nang and he approached me for handshake.

I returned his courtesy.

I am here to invite you all for dinner. As you are in our village, I should at least serve you once for all your hard work. He smiled. Please let us show our hospitality.

He said and walked away but before leaving, he looked at me. I am hoping Doctor, you will be my guest.

I don't know what was all that about. Raya looked at me, 'someone is famous' she giggled.

I just shrugged.

Don't go, I heard Toi weak voice.

Why not? I should see how the man keep his word. I said.

Toi didn't say anything but extend his hand, Doctor if you need any help, please come for me.

I smiled. It's not like I wanted to go but I wanted to see how the man is working. Sure the village was not telling me much but I have this uneasy feeling after meeting him.

________________________________________

The entire village came with basket full of fruits, vegetables, sea food. The place was decorated beautifully and the table was set as if there is a feast.

Mr. Nang welcomes us. Doctors, welcome to the party. Please feel free to make yourself home.

Everyone dispersed, Raya was talking to this handsome man she had an eye from before. I just gave my thumbs up. Slowly taking a seat at the corner, I was enjoying myself seeing people dancing and singing. My phone rang, it was Ming.