Tripp and Jessica clearly weren't good together, if Tripp did go and see her alone, maybe something chaotic would happen.

         "Someone should go with him, just to ride along," I spoke up.

         Nancy slowly turned to me, eyeing my whole exterior. "Miss Beckett, while I appreciate you sending out those tweets in support of Tripp, this happens to be an adult matter, something you have no idea about."

         Offended, I scoffed. "I'm eighteen, I am an adult, and my idea is better than your treating him like a child. Someone should go with him for support, if he goes alone something bad could happen."

         Nancy pursed her lips, clasping her hands together. "Okay then, who volunteers to go?"

         Mick and Gavin exchanged nervous looks before simultaneously turning to me.

         What?

         "Um...what?" I took a step back, not having meant that I should be the one to go with Tripp on his mission to see his neurotic ex.

         "Oh yes." Nancy chuckled. "Perhaps Miss Beckett should be the one."

         Mick nodded. "I mean, you're less intimidating than us. If Gav or I go, Tripp could feel smothered. And Nancy's judgment and nagging isn't needed right now. At least with you he'll be less tense."

         It made sense, also putting a lot of pressure on my shoulders.

         Seeing how they had a point, I gave in. "Okay, I'll do it."

         Nancy rolled her eyes. "Don't screw up. Keep him in your eyesight, and don't let them go off alone, because if you do—"

         "Nance, relax." Mick stepped in, blocking me from the anal publicist.

         I slipped out of the room, going and bravely heading to Tripp's room and knocking on the door.

         "What?" he snapped, obviously not wanting to be bothered.

         "It's Chloey," I said, wondering if he'd even allow me to come with him.

         Moments later the door cracked open, Tripp stood before me, looking calmer than he'd been with Nancy. "Yes?"

         "I'll go with you, to see Jessica, just in support." It was hard looking Tripp in the eyes, feeling as nervous as I did.

         He nodded. "Okay."

         I knew I had to bring up my leaving due to the rumors, but I didn't want to burden Tripp any further.

         Knowing it had to be said, I spoke up, "Look, my parents, due to the things Jessica's said, they don't think I should continue to be around you if it's true."

         Tripp blinked, barely able to mask the hurt displaying on his face. He opened his bedroom door wider, allowing me inside.

         He shut the door behind himself and led me to the living room section—his room actually had a little living area in it—and sat me down in one of his plush red chairs. He leaned over, resting his elbows on his knees, propping his head on his fists as he stared down at his cherry red carpet.

         "Yes, I did hook up with Jess two weeks ago," Tripp admitted. "I thought we were good, I thought we were getting back together, but she went through my phone and started acting crazy. So yeah, I quickly broke it off, and then Ohio happened and now this."