Origin

A cry of the baby echoed in the place that ones a battlefield. There's nothing but dead bodies could hear the lone cries of a bundle, until an unexpected person arrived to the said ones battlefield. A woman around twenty walked in the dry blood and bodies, chocolates eyes reflect nothing and raven hair sways smutty from the iron scents surrounding the place.

The said woman reached the origin of the cry. What she had seen was a baby, surrounded by both blood and smell of ashes. Her eyes stared the crying baby for a moment before deciding to pick it up. The baby kept crying, small and fragile, something that would normally freak people when they found a baby in the middle of the bloodshed battlefield but not her.

The woman kept staring the baby, holding gently before making a decision.

"I will temporarily raise you until I return you to your home... first commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco the Phoenix."

. , . , .

Five years later, a boy around five years old was running with a great smile heading to the hills. Ahead there was a small wooden house with little garden on the side, there was a woman tending her vegetable plants when the boy called her out.

"Anna!" The boy cried cheerfully. The identified woman named Anna pause from her activity as she turned around to see the boy coming toward her. She smiled, "Phoenix."

Ones close enough the boy named Phoenix jumped happily to give her a hug which she didn't hesitate to return the said hug. Phoenix smile wider, "Anna guess what! I ace the whole test and they're very proud of me!"

Anna giggled before stroking his head, "Good job Phoenix." The boy loved being stroke as he hummed.

For some reason she can't help but mentally laugh at this scene and decided to keep it upon herself. "Now, why don't you go inside and prepare because as soon as I'm done here we're going out hunting."

Phoenix nodded before running inside their home to prepare, unknown to the boy the smile of the woman was placed in tin line.

Phoenix happily skip his steps as he arrived to his room then immediately opened his drawer to find something comfortable to wear.

'I wonder what we're about to hunt.' Phoenix hummed happily as he finally choose a simple orange shirt and short pants for today. 'We need to make sure we hunt enough and hopefully it will reach three days.' The thought made Phoenix sweat drop, "Maybe that kind of thinking is impossible... we're talking about Anna here."

The thought of her made him pause, eyes sadden as he remembered the day he tried calling her mother instead her name.

'Anna cared for me, loved me and taught me everything I wanted to know... yet she never let me call her mother.' He remembered one time he saw her staring at the night sky, deep in thinking alone on the window. 'She's always deep in thought when she's alone, I wonder why...'

He shook his head hardly, 'N-now is not the time to think that idiot.'

He heard a door opened, Anna must be done cleaning up and now heading to prepare as well.

'I better hurry.' With that, he quickly change cloths then took his weapon which was a sword, good length for a child like him and secured it to his waist belt before heading out. He was little surprise to see Anna also arrived with her sword secured on her waist and bow and arrow from behind. 'Anna is good in both sword and bow, she can switch weapon swiftly with no problem at all.'

Anna smiled toward him which made him smile too, her smile was always really bright that if ever Phoenix wasn't raised by her, he would have become shy and blush a long time ago.