~Chapter 10~

[POV Switch to Dave] 

I walked Scarlett to my room, which I had just finished cleaning. 

"Ah, here we are. Go on, make yourself comfortable. This isn't a strict thing, believe me, I am THE farthest thing from strict." I said as we walked into my room. 

"Good to know.." Scarlett said quietly as she was taking everything in. 

"Still hitting the realization that this is happening?" I said with a partial laugh.

"Oh, no... I've not even started the realization... I'm probably going to start screaming in the middle of playing when it finally hits me." She said with a small smile. 

"Thats the spirit! Now, do you want something to drink or do you just want to jump straight into this?" I said as I walked into the mini kitchen.

"I'm good, thank you though." She said as she pulled out her guitar. 

"Okie dokie, your loss. I make a killer chocolate milk." I said as I started laughing to myself. 

"I'll have to put that claim to the test soon." She said without looking up from her guitar. 

"Eager to start?" I said as I walked over to grab my guitar.

"Just a little..." She said, keeping her head down. 

"Ok, well, tell me where you want to start, and where you want to end." I said, lightly trying to pull her chin up so she could face me. 

"Well... I want to suck less... and become up to par with you... I know I'll never be as good as you are, but I want to at least be up to the level in which I can play your songs..." She spoke very quietly, as if she was embarrassed. 

"Ok, easy peasy. Dave Navarro will be raising his own little angel to take his place when he becomes an angel himself." I smiled as I spoke, hoping it would make her smile. Thankfully she did, which made things all the more better. "Ah! would'ya look at that! The little angel smiles." I had to compliment her on her beautiful smile. 

"Thanks Dave... but I'm more of a demon than an angel..." She said quietly. 

"That smile doesn't agree." I said.

"Perhaps thats the purpose in itself." She whispered.

"And you're a wordsmith too... damn, there is no one else I'd rather have as a.... mentoree? apprentice? what do you want to be called?" I asked. 

"Well... I like the angel idea, but is there a way we can change it to a demon? I quite like that... and since it would be a little weird to be called a demon... how about apprentice?" She asked. 

"Done, and done." I said with a smile. 

"Yay!" she yelled as she smiled widely. 

"Alright, now that all of this is settled, ready to be Dave Navarro's little demon?" I said with a smile. 

"Hell yea!" She said. 

"We're going to make such a great team, y'know?" I said with the sudden realization that this isn't going to be as hard as I anticipated. 

"I certainly hope so." She said with a small smile. 

[POV Switch to Scarlett's thoughts]

Holy shit... this is actually happening... I can not believe that this is actually happening. Well, I guess the realization is finally hitting now. I'm so excited for this to all happen... like seriously... I am "Dave Navarro's Little Demon". How is this even happening!? I'm going to be holding Dave's spotlight for him soon... and we might even share the spotlight together.. That would be unreal.... I wonder if Dave will ever want to do shows with me... or just leave that to later on...

[Time Skip to a few months later] 

I walked into the hotel, and walked up to Dave's door, and knocked. As always, his warm smile greeted me at the door. Dave and I had grown to be quite good friends. I've grown so much as a guitarist in the four months that we have worked together. He says that he is really proud of my progress, and that I am a quicker learner than he was. He would usually send me home with parts of a song, then a song, a song and parts of another song, two songs at a time, all the way up to multiple songs in a few weeks. He said that if I ever start playing with a band, then I'll be learning songs quickly. He wanted me to be comfortable with playing pre-composed songs before I started with composing my own. Thankfully, we haven't started with that section yet. I'm too scared to start composing my own stuff. 

"Hey, so how've you been?" He asked, much quieter than normal. 

"I've been good... trying to keep up with school and guitar... and work... How about you?" I asked, trying not to sound too loud. 

"I've been better, these meetings n' shit have been throwing me off a lot more lately... but I'm still here. Ready to get started?" He said, again keeping it quiet. 

"Is everything ok Dave? You sound a lot quieter than normal..." I spoke before I could close my mouth. 

"Yea, I'm ok... there's just something I need to talk to you about..." He looked at me with a face that I never wanted to see. 

"Dave? What's wrong? You look very sad or disappointed...?" I said, a bit louder than I wanted.