~Chapter 4~

[POV Switch to Scarlett]

"Y-You're... Dave... Navarro..." I stuttered stupidly. 

And the instant the words left my mouth, I wanted to shrivel up and die. I have never been more embarrassed in my life. I just made a complete fool of myself in front of THE Dave Navarro. How the hell am I going to recover from this? 

"That's me." He said with a smirk and flip of his hair. And a warm look in his eyes. 

Surprisingly, when he spoke to me, I snapped out of my daze." Sorry, I just... never expected to see my idol standing next to me. Let alone him tell me that I'm a good musician." I whisper spoke. 

"I believe I said you were a damn good musician. But same thing I guess." He said with a small laugh. 

"Yea, you did... sorry about that..." I said as I lowered my head. 

He grabbed for my chin, and lightly pulled it to raise my head again. "Hey, don't worry about it. Its not like I'm going to forever hate you for not repeating my exact words. Besides, with your mom -well, I think its your mom- standing within potential earshot, I can't exactly blame you." He said reassuringly. 

"O-ok. Sorry again... I really don't talk like this... or act like this... I'm just still stunned that I'm standing right next to THE Dave Navarro... I guess it doesn't help that you're my idol... oh wait... I said that already... didn't I? Sorry..." I stuttered again as I tried to sound more human, even though I failed. 

"Y'know what?" He said, slightly deepening his voice. 

"Wh-what....?" I whispered.

"I don't give a shit about how many times you say it. You're not being a sellout begging for an autograph or picture. And thats a good quality.  I don't say that to sound like I'm better than everyone. I'm not an egotistical asshole, at least... I don't think I am. I definitely don't try to be one either... And also, its ok to be a little awkward. Everyone has to be a little nervous at some point in their life." He said quietly to make sure I was the only one to hear. 

"Th-thank you... I really appreciate it... I honestly do.." I said, straightening myself out and speaking a little more clearly and slightly louder. 

"Now, about you and your playing." He said, a bit more stiff, but still relaxed. 

"What about me and my playing?" I asked, generally confused. 

"Well, first off, I'd like to be able to call you by your name." He smirked again as he spoke. 

"Oh, right... I suppose I never introduced myself... Well, my name is Scarlett..." I said a little bit more quiet. 

"Scarlett... What a pretty name. Miss Scarlett, it is a pleasure to meet you." He said, extending his hand for a handshake. 

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, Mr. Navarro." I said as I reached out and shook his hand. 

"Please, call me Dave. I don't like being addressed as Mr. Navarro." He said politely. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry..." I said as I started to panic again. 

"Hey, don't worry. You were being respectful and I appreciate that." He said, patting my shoulder again. 

"Sorry... so far I've done everything wrong and when I try to do the right thing, I just make everything worse.." I said worriedly. 

"Hey, have I walked away yet?" He said in a tone I don't quite recognize. 

"N-no... unless this is all a dream and you were never here to begin with..." I said quietly. 

"Well, you're not dreaming. So, I am still here. And by me being here, you haven't done anything to make me leave." He said. After, he leaned in and whispered in my ear. "You've also gotten me to like you. And just to let you know, that is a good thing." 

I blushed as he whispered into my ear. I whispered back "Th-thank you..." 

He looked up at my mom and she must've signaled that she was ready to go. "Hey, looks like your mom wants to get out of here. Mind if I get your number real quick so we can talk about your playing?" 

I stood there staring blankly at Dave, unsure of what to do. I want to, but that would be a little weird. Tobias would probably be a little suspicious... maybe even mad. Oh shit! I haven't answered any of Tobias' texts since I've been here. Well, now I'm screwed on two fronts. 

"Yes, I know it sounds a little bit weird, and I'm sorry... I just can't let myself let your talent slip away. You definitely have some real potential." Dave said a little shyly. 

"I can give you my email that goes with my phone... if that works..." I spit out a little too quickly. 

"That works. Its definitely better than the no I was expecting." Dave said cheering up a little bit. 

We exchanged contacts and made sure everything was set up. We said our goodbyes and I got my stuff and went home. I called Tobias and explained everything. He doesn't seem upset at all, which is good. I snagged pop tarts for dinner again, went upstairs, and completed my homework. I re-stringed my guitar, and my night was drowned out by the sound of guitar.