Friend Zoned {21} END

Start from the beginning

                “Hey,” he said, looking bored. “Sorry, my parents were going out tonight so it was either I ate here or I had to make myself food.”

                I laughed. “That’s fine, I don’t care. I was just surprised that you came. My dad is making burgers on the grill so go grab one from him,” I said.

                “Grab me one too Will!” Gideon said. “Please!”

                “Yea, sure, no problem Gideon. Sonnet, you can get your own,” Will said, getting up and heading over towards the grill.

                “Mmm, I’m a little sad I didn’t have to resort to cannibalism. I wouldn’t mind eating him,” Ethan said, watching him go.

                “Hey! Eyes off my brother!” Sonnet said sternly.

                I leaned against Gideon and smiled up at him. “Are you spending the night?”

                “Yep!” he said, smiling widely at me and putting an arm around me.

                “Oh god. Benji’s getting cherry popped,” Ethan said.

                “Ethan!” I said, throwing a plastic fork at him.

                He swatted the plastic fork away and grinned at me. “What? I’d be incredibly open about it if a guy like Gideon was banging me.”

                “You’re gross,” I groaned. “I never should’ve saved you in the parking lot.”

                “My hero who drove away without me,” he said.

                “I picked you up eventually,” I said.

                “I’m just glad I got to hit Nate in the back of the head with a rock. That is the highlight of my existence,” he said with a nod.

                I rolled my eyes but shot him a small smile. I knew how happy he was just to have friends at last.

                Will came back and slid a cheeseburger to Gideon. He handed one to Sonnet without looking at her and bit into his burger.

                Gideon kept his arm around me as we all ate. When we were finished eating, I led them to my front yard and we began to play wiffle ball together. It was me, Sonnet, and Ethan against Will and Gideon.

                Will pitched the ball to Ethan and he hit it, the ball hitting Gideon’s leg. Gideon snatched it and Ethan let out a victorious yell as he jumped and managed to touch the shoe we had deemed first base before Gideon got him out.

                I stepped up and managed to hit the wiffle ball, running to first base as Ethan darted to second. I was about to touch the base when Gideon caught up to me.

                But both of us were running just a little too fast, and we collided together. We fell to the ground, Gideon landing on top of me.

                I looked at him and he looked back down at me. We burst into laughter and he bent his head down, kissing me.

                “Are you okay?” he asked, rolling off of me and helping me to my feet.

                “I’m fine,” I said, beaming a smile at him.

                “Well isn’t this adorable,” Ethan said.

                “You ruin every moment,” I informed him.

                “It’s my purpose in life,” he said, grinning and shrugging.

                “Alright, alright. Benji’s out,” Sonnet said.

                I shrugged innocently before jogging over and sitting to watch. Will whipped the wiffle ball and Sonnet glared as it hit her in the head.

                “William,” she growled, lifting the bat.

                Will’s face turned from triumphant to terrified and he took off sprinting, Sonnet angrily chasing him with the bat. They disappeared around the side of the house.

                “SONNET THAT IS NOT A NICE THING TO DO DON’T KILL YOUR BROTHER PUT THE BAT DOWN!” I heard my dad yelling.

                We laughed and I leaned back as Gideon and Ethan came over to me. Ethan sat next to me and Gideon sat behind me, his legs on either side of me, wrapping his arms around my ribs and resting his head against my shoulder.

                “I love being an only child,” he said with a sigh.

                “Same,” Ethan and I said, shuddering at the thought of having a sister like Sonnet.

                Sonnet and Will came back a minute later, Will scowling and Sonnet without the bat. I was assuming my dad had taken it from her.

                “You are terrifying,” I informed Sonnet as she sat on my other side, Will next to her.

                “She’s psycho,” Will grumbled.

                “I’m a charming, well-behaved young lady,” Sonnet said, flicking me in the forehead and smiling pleasantly.

                I glanced around at everyone and smiled again. I felt so happy. Happier than I had ever been in my entire life.

                “You look happy,” Gideon said, lightly pressing his lips against mine.

                “I am,” I said, my smile so wide that it hurt my face now.

                “I’m happy too. I’m sorry I, uh, friend zoned you for so long,” he said with a light blush.

                “It’s all worth it,” I said honestly.

                He smiled and kissed me again. “I love you.”

                “I love you too,” I said, resting my hands on top of his.

                It had taken years and several beatings from Jude and his friends. But, in addition to making friends with Ethan, I had finally gotten to date Gideon. I loved him, and I loved my friends, and I loved my life. The days of being friend zoned seemed like forever ago. As my smile grew to eat up my face again, I shared another kiss with Gideon Marchesane, positive that my happiness would last for a long, long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- Wow this super short chapter only took me 9 months to write. I'm sorry because I know this story is shorter than my others, but if I didn't end it here, I probably would go back to not updating >.< And cut me some slack, this is still 148 Microsoft Word pages, so it's not THAT short XD Anyways, thank you all so much reading, especially if you stuck with me even on my super long period of never updating. I hope you guys enjoyed Benji and Gideon, and if you haven't already, go check out Ethan's spin-off story Changing Will! Here's the link to it:

 http://www.wattpad.com/story/9519491-changing-will-boyxboy

But let me know what you thought of Friend Zoned! Thank you again for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

~Jen