Friend Zoned {8}

I blinked and sat up, rubbing at my eyes. I looked over, seeing Jude and Gideon lying together and whispering to each other. Ethan was asleep next to me, his head buried against his pillow. Sonnet was texting on her phone.

                “Morning Greyson,” Gideon said, noticing that I was awake.

                I grunted out a response and ran a hand through my messy hair. Ethan, as if to prove that he was actually awake, picked his head up and grinned at me.

                “Nice morning hair Benji,” he said.

                “Shut up,” I said, flipping him off and pouting.

                “Greyson isn’t much of a morning person,” Gideon said, laughing as he watched me.

                I especially wasn’t a morning person with Gideon cuddling with Jude right in front of me. He rested his head on Jude’s lap, smiling up at Jude.

                Jude shot me a smug look, his dark black hair lightly messy and tangled from sleep. Even having just woken up, he still looked incredibly attractive.

                Gideon sat up after a few minutes and crawled out of his bed. “I’ll go make us breakfast. You guys can just relax here while I make it!” he said and left his bedroom.

                Jude rolled onto his side, propping his head up on his hand and smirking at me. “I hope you slept well last night Benji. I know I sure did, warm in Gideon’s arms.”

                “Does anyone have a bat I can use to beat his head in with?” I asked, looking around Gideon’s room for one.

                “We could just hold him down and smother him with a pillow,” Ethan suggested.

                Jude got up and jumped out of Gideon’s bed. He stepped on Ethan’s head, smashing it against the pillow.

                “Does it make you jealous to know that I could fuck your best friend right on that bed soon?” Jude asked me, his eyes shining.

                I shoved him, sending him stumbling backwards. Ethan’s head popped up and he rubbed his neck.

                “Jerk,” he grumbled, sitting up and scooting behind me.

                I stood up and advanced at Jude, pushing him back even farther. “You heard Gideon. I am not a morning person,” I snarled. “Don’t touch Ethan, and don’t taunt me with Gideon.”

                I pushed Jude up so that he was against the wall. I almost always woke up in a raging bad mood that didn’t settle until after I had eaten breakfast. Jude was an idiot for screwing with me right now.

                A vibrating sound reached my ears. Jude dug around his pocket and produced his cell phone, answering and holding it up to his ear.

                “Hello? Yes, I’m at Gideon’s house,” he said. He shoved me off of him with ease as the person on the other end talked. “Just a few of his worthless friends. I’ll be home in time for the dinner. Alright then. Goodbye mom.”

                He hung up his phone and slammed by me, sending me staggering back. He jumped up on Gideon’s bed, sitting down and watching me through those smug eyes that I despised so much.