Chapter 7

Chapter 7

POV Serene Eternity

The most beautiful scent I have ever smelled intoxicated my nose and body. It was a beautiful night and the moon shone as bright as ever. For some reason, a long river was flowing through the middle of the enchanted forest. It didn't take me long to realize that the river was the source of the lovely fragrance.

The smell of fresh blood.

The river was shined a dark red color. My favorite.

Excited, I glided towards the river and quickly got on my knees and lowered my head to drink the sweet elixir of life.

However, a second before my tongue tasted the awaiting blood, a loud bell-like noise rang throughout the forest.

"Who dares to interfere with my meal!" I shouted to the wind and winced at the horrible sound.

But all I saw was an endless darkness surrounding me. There was no river, no forest, but pure darkness.

I hissed in displeasure. I wasn't able to eat blood pancakes yesterday because of that smelly dog Fluffy. Now someone has hindered me again!

"I will kill whoever interrupted me!"

The darkness kept enveloping me and I soon realized that my own closed eyes were the reason for it. Once I opened them, bright sunlight hurt my very sensitive eyes.

"So it was just a dream," I sighed, "the dreadful ringing bell could have at least let me taste the blood!"

As if on cue, the horrible sound started again.

Ring! Ring! Riiiing!

Quickly, I shot out of my bed trying to locate where the sound was coming from.

It sounded like an alarm clock; however, I had an unwritten rule prohibiting alarm clocks in the same room as I. I wake up whenever my body feels like it.

Suddenly, a voice came out of an invisible intercom, "Goood mooorning! Rise and Shine!"

My eyes narrowed as I located the reason my blissful dream was interrupted; the witchy like voice told me Thorn was using her magic to wake us up.

A slight hiss came out of my throat, "Does it look like I rise and shine?!"

I do admire Thorn's bravery though, not everyone has the courage to wake up a house full of monsters. It seems the small witch is confident in her magic.

Thorn's voice rang throughout the house, "Alright guys, get out of bed. We have a meeting at the living room in five minutes. If you are late...well, let's just say you will not like the consequences! See you in five!" and the intercom went off.

"Tsk, all I know is that you, my friend, will not like the consequences if I am woken up like this again," I muttered.

I will let it pass this time, just because Thorn might not be aware that vampires are not morning people. She could have figured it out though, since vampire statistics show that most unexpected kills occur in the morning. That is because an unfortunate soul happens to wake up a vampire out of his or her slumber.

I quickly finish getting ready and end up with black pants, a black tank top and a long black trench coat. Even though it wasn't winter, as a vampire, I get cold easily when I have gone hours without drinking blood.

My short, shoulder length black hair was down, with a simple, white rose pin pulling my long bangs out of my face. My normally green eyes change color depending on my mood. Today, my eyes were a pitch black color.