Chapter 16

Alchemy: Magic vs. Science

-.-

D/C: I own nothing.

-.-

First Name: Informal

Last Name: Formal (Or used to annoy to annoy others...)

-.-

"English and Edward's accented voice."

"Amestrian, foreign languages, or to add emphasis."

Written notes or to add extra emphasize

'Thoughts.'

-.-

"Is something wrong with Mr. Elric?"

"He seems...quieter than usual..."

"Does it have to do with what happened last Wednesday?"

"Naw, he was acting like himself yesterday, today he just seems.... off."

"All of you know I could hear you?"

"Sorry, Mr. Elric!"

Edward sat back in his chair, his legs propped on his desk and his right arm covering his eyes. It was a lazy day for his class, which was extremely odd for his students. They had never seen their teacher act in such a manner, and they were all at odds on how to approach him.

Should they ask him point blank?

No. Mr. Elric's bark equals his bite.

Tricking Mr. Elric say his problem?

No. Mr. Elric will see through that and turn it back against them.

Go tell Professor Snape of Mr. Elric's change of mood?

Yes. That is the safest option they could come up with at that moment. If anyone could get Mr. Elric back on his feet is Professor Snape. Unless Professor Snape is the reason for the change of behavior... Anyway, it's better off to be safe than sorry.

Edward stayed in that same position for the remainder of the class time and almost throughout the entire day. His class had left after they sent him several worried looks before they scurried off to lunch. It wasn't until the door creaked open is when he lifted his hand away from his face to see who it was. "Zefferus."

Severus walked into the partially empty classroom, closing the door behind himself, and walked over towards the Alchemy teacher. "Edward."

Edward blinked several times and some sort of realization appeared on his expression. He placed his legs back down on the ground and he stretched around in his seat to regain some sort of feeling back into his body. The Golden Blonde blinked lazily at Severus once said man stood in front of his desk. "Did my students tattle on me?"

"You missed lunch and you didn't go to the kitchens for food."

"House elves tattled on me?"

"Mr. Elric." Severus stated flatly, he gave the Alchemy Teacher a deadpan expression, not at all amused.

Edward stared at Severus with a blank expression before he let out a tired sigh which he quickly covered up with a smile. He stood up from his spot and headed towards Severus with a nervous chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry, I am reminiscing of the past."

Severus snorted, he signaled for Edward to leave the classroom. "I have forty-five minutes until my next class, and I need to make sure you are properly feeding. You have a tendency of skipping meals."