6

"Luke?" Daisy asked, looking up at him curiously. "Can we do something fun?"

The question, welcome as it was, surprised Luke. He was so used to the gloomy days full of hardship, naps and tears that he had kind of forgotten all about fun. The last time he remembered having a good time was right before he'd gotten the call from the hospital.

And lord knows how much he wanted to forget that day.

But nevertheless, he responded to his flower of spring: "Like what?"

Daisy shrugged, beginning to think on the question. Much like her uncle Luke, she was used to all the sadness in her life. There was t a day that went by where she wasn't sad about it. And she was tired of it. Even in her youth, she knew she wanted to just get away from it for a while. She wanted to do something else. Something that would make her smile.

"Can we dance?"

Luke couldn't help the smile that broke out onto his face at her question. That was the daisy he knew. That was the little girl his best friend raised.

"Of course we can, sweetheart."

Luke wasted no more time in plugging his phone into the speakers in his lavish - but temporary nonetheless - home and scrolled through his music. Feeling a sense of satisfaction at the song he chose, he turned to face his little angel.

"You ready?"

And with a giggle from Daisy, they were off.

They danced to the loud rock music freely, hair flipping and limbs flying everywhere. Luke, being the natural performer that he was, sang along to the songs with all of his heart, eyes closed to go with his dramatics. Daisy, on the other hand, just danced. In no way was it graceful, seeing as she was only a child, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that she was having fun and being a kid without the weight of the world on her shoulders.

So they kept on going.

A seemingly countless amount of song went by, all reminding Luke of his younger days (the ones with his best friend) and instead of being sad about that, he celebrated. He rocked out as if he was on stage with his three other best friends, laughing and singing along to them. Meanwhile, Daisy was off in her own little world, twirling around and giggling melodically.

A sound that made the songs even sweeter, in Luke's opinion.

Panting as the song ended and another one came on, Luke smiled softly at his goddaughter, hearing that it was a slow song.

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" He asked, offering her a hand.

"Yes," She responded with a glint in her eyes.

And so he took her tiny hand in his own, leading her into the middle of the room. Noticing that she was having a little bit of trouble with it (mainly due to the height differences) he bent down and picked her up.

Daisy rested her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his neck, while Luke's arms went under her little bottom, holding her up. He swayed to the beat of the song and hummed along, just savouring the moment between them. It was nice. It was quiet.

It was perfect.

Sighing in what he could only describe as content, he brought one hand up and played with Daisy's cute, messy hair, soothing her even more.

"Luke?" She pondered, head still rested on his broad shoulders.

"Yes, Daisy?"

"I love you."

Luke couldn't help the smile that broke out onto his face even if he tried.

"I love you too, baby."

His warm, manly chuckle brought a nice warm feeling into Daisy's chest: the feeling of loving and being loved in return.

And right now, she needed it more than ever.

See, with Daisy, she was never not shown the upmost adoration and love. She was constantly being coddled and whatnot, and to her, there was no greater feeling. She was an only child, and her parents decided after they had her that that was all they would have. Daisy was all they needed, no? So they showered her with care and devotion every chance they got and it showed. Daisy was the most loved kid Luke had ever seen. And to have that stripped out of your life so suddenly...

However, Luke was doing a good job making up for the love had, and love lost. Sure, it wasn't the same by any means, but Daisy felt safe with Luke. The thought of him leaving her was the scariest thing in the world and she wouldn't know what to do if something happened to him, too. So, she hugged herself a little bit closer, loved a little bit harder, and gave him her all.

Lord knows how he'd been doing the exact same for her.

Luke watched in adoration as his little girl's eyes got droopier and droopier, her exhaustion clear as day. If he was being honest, he was right there with her. Despite her size, Daisy had an energy in her that put lightning to shame. Burning all of that off took a lot, but they did it. So he turned the music down a little bit, yet kept his humming up, and began walking to his (their) room.

"Come on, baby," He mumbled. "Let's get you down for a nap."

Daisy couldn't even make out a sentence, she was so tired. So she settled for a simple nod, allowing him to tuck her in as her eyes closed and she was tucked in.

"Goodnight, Daisy," Luke smiled, smiling at her afternoon crash in energy. "Sleep tight."

"Mhm..."

"I love you, Daisy."

"Yeah..."

Shaking his head, he laughed a little before heading out the door, shutting it with a soft click.

"Luke?"

The sound of his name being spoken by one of his band mates scared the life out of him, resulting in him jumping back in surprise.

"Oh, god, Calum," He chuckles, placing a hand over his heart. "You scared me."

"I can see that," The Maori boy laughed, eyes squinting with joy. "I'm surprised you didn't hit the ceiling with how high you jumped."

Luke rolled his eyes, "Very funny. Care to explain. Why you're in my house again?"

"The last of Daisy's paperwork is done," He spoke, holding up a folder that Luke assumed were her documents. "Everything's in order, and I have it right here."

"That's awesome. Thanks, man."

"No problem." He waved off, face then growing more serious. "But... Luke, you know what this means, don't you?"

Luke didn't want to say it out loud. Everything was just starting to fall into place and he knew with this change, he'd have to start all over.

"Luke, we're going back to America."