❦2

꧁ₚₐᵣₜ ₜWₒ꧂

ᴼᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ
ᵂᶦˡᵈ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵃˡˢ
ᵀʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʷʰʸ ᵒᵘʳ ʳᶦᵇˢ
ᴬʳᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᶜᵃᵍᵉˢ
TWO OF NINE

I walked down the stairs and grabbed the phone pressing it to my ear. "Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hello honey, how are you?" I hear my grandmother's mollified tone of voice coming through the phone.

"I'm okay. How's Randy?" Randy was my grandma's brother. He got into a car accident a couple months ago. They both have medical problems and live together for support.

"He's hanging in there. I wanted to make sure you're okay. The girls staying with me again?" She asked from the other end.

"Um.. I don't know... I guess? Do you know where she went this time?" I asked distressed laced in my voice.

"I'm sorry dear, I don't." She say apologetically.

"Alright... Just let me know if anything changes."

"Okay, Have a nice night Ryan. Goodnight." She finished before hanging up the phone. This happens at least every seven months. My mom takes off. She leaves to about four to five months before returning with a bunch of gifts for everyone. The longest she was ever gone for was close to a year. Like eleven months.

I walked back up to Michael's room. They're playing some play station game. I've never been real big about stuff like this. I lay across Micheal's bed while him and Luca were sitting in the beanbag chairs in front of the t.v.

"How did you guys meet?" I ask out of pure curiosity.

"Okay remember when I had that bruise on cheek and I told you I got into a fight? Yeah well that was him." He says poking his head towards Luca, still focusing on the game.

"Why'd you guys fight?"

Luca spoke up, "We fought over a Snickers bar when it finally came out the machine. He only gave me a black eye." I giggled at the little story.

"What about you two?" Luca asks in general. It's pointed towards either me or Michael.

"Michael and I have known each other almost our whole lives, but we were never close, but then in third grade he got these blue prescription glasses and everyone made fun of him but I told him I thought they looked cool." I smile but Micheal groaned.

"Oh my god. Michael wearing glasses?" He laughed, "How precious!" Luca says pinching one of Michael's cheeks.

"Ryan, you have a phone right?" He asks me and I hum in response.

"Can I have your phone number?" Luca asks taking out his call phone.

"Why do you need his number?" Michael asked in a nettled tone.

"So we can hang sometime." Luca says in pronounced voice.

He handed me his phone and I put in my number. I added myself to his contacts putting my name as Ryan with an ice cream emoji. (Ryan 🍦) I handed his phone back to him, and he smiled. The rest of the night, at least until Luca went home. Was filled with them playing games and me reading Larry fan fiction.

- Next morning -

"Do you need a ride? Michael can drive you?" Jessica asks as I was about to head out of the door.

"No, it's okay. Thanks though. Bye Michael." I close the door behind me as I leave.

Michael only leaves a couple blocks from me. It only takes about ten minutes to get home from his house. I unlocked the door with my house key, my mom have to me a while ago. She I entered the boys my dad was sitting on the couch staring at me.