as best friend

Nine in the morning and both of them were already at S'Dream sipping on warm chocolate and munching on some pastries.

Seungmin had been discharged half an hour ago and Hyunjin didn't want to go home just yet and so he suggested they went to the cafe.

Unfortunately, Chan and Minho can't make it because Minho had caught a cold and Chan was taking care of him, that's what Felix told them that morning when he gave Hyunjin a bag of new clothes.

Both of them took Hyunjin's car, with Felix too, and Hyunjin felt warmer when Seungmin sat close to him. The younger also looked cute in the shirt Hyunjin had bought for him.

"There's so many customers still," Hyunjin stated in disbelief, eyes roaming around the place.

"Is it always like this since you open this cafe, Seungminie?"

There were the usual customers ever since Hyunjin went here. There's no doubt that this cafe is one of the best out there but to see the same people everyday here was just...wow.

Even Mark was here on his laptop again and Rose with her book was here too -probably almost finishing it in a few days or a week.

Putting down his drink while nodding, Seungmin smiled, "As far as I remember and base on uncle's stories, probably yes."

Hyunjin looked at the younger across from him, who had a sad smile on making Hyunjin felt guilty.

"Sorry, I can't answer properly, Hyunjinie."

Sitting up straight, Hyunjin pursed his lips and held one of Seungmin's hand before saying that it was okay and that he wanted to do something.

The younger tilted his head, "Do what?"

"My parents want to meet you," he started and caressed the younger's soft hand that he wouldn't be tired of.

Seungmin hummed, "I'm okay with that. I have a memory that our mothers are best friends and that's how we know each other."

He giggled but then stopped when he saw Hyunjin looking away from him, settling his gaze on the table. He was about to ask what was wrong but he was left speechless when the older suddenly looked at him again.

"But I want you for myself today."

Seungmin broke into a wide smile as he slapped Hyunjin's arm lightly, "You sounded so cheesy but okay. I'll spend time with you today."

"For your reminder, I'm always like this and you actually told me you like it," Hyunjin wiggled his eyebrows and laughed when the younger slapped his arm again.

Crossing his arm and rolling his eyes but still smiling, Seungmin retorted, "And why would I say that?"

"Looks like you haven't remember it," Hyunjin suddenly leaned closer to his best friend and grinned, "It's okay, I'll help you remember."

Seungmin was flustered and he pushed the other lightly out of embarassment. The older just laughed again, liking the reaction he got from Seungmin.

I only remember him as my best friend...but do I actually have feelings for him?

The younger shook his head mentally and was about to retort something when his uncle went over to their table. He also had just realised that all of the customer were looking at their direction, a smile on their faces -some have teary eyes while grinning.

"I see both of you are having fun," Minsoo said.

Hyunjin stood up and bowed, "Hello, uncle."

Patting the younger's shoulder, Minsoo greeted him back before asking about Seungmin's condition.

His nephew replied that he was okay and there was no need for him to worry. Minsoo nodded in relief.

"Oh uncle," said Seungmin. His uncle hummed.

Giving a glance at a curious Hyunjin, Seungmin then asked if he could go somewhere with Hyunjin.

"Hmm, okay but be careful. I don't want you to be home late though," said Minsoo.

He then turned to a shock Hyunjin after his nephew thanked him, "Take care of this kid, can I trust you with that?"

Feeling a little bit nervous but at the same time confident, Hyunjin said that he will and for Minsoo not to worry too much about Seugmin.

"I'll be sure to stay by his side at all times."

Minsoo nodded his head, feeling amused at the younger's words, before allowing them to go while he managed the cafe.

Outside, Seungmin gave Hyunjin a disbelief look.

"What? Am I that cool?" Smirked Hyunjin.

"I can't believe you just spoke like we're some couple," the younger tsked as the both of them walked over to Hyunjin's car where Felix and their driver were waiting.

Hyunjin nudged the younger lightly and bent down a little so that he could speak directly into Seungmin's ear, "You want us to be?"

Clearing his throat, to conceal the sudden nervousness, Seungmin walked ahead, "Let's go eat something, hyung. I'm hungry."

Hyunjin laughed lightly and put his arm around the younger's shoulder as they head to the car.

Back inside the cafe, most of the customers congratulated Minsoo for Seungmin's recovery and some asked him if his nephew will be healthy and well from now on.

Rose even considered to stop reading her Until I'm Gone book.

The man smiled.

"Let us hope for the best."