The Air Ship, The Time Jump, and The Mummy

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine!  My niece just spun a very funny tale..." Uncle Hiram smiled at me.

Before I could be questioned about it I took my leave from the room saying I heard mother calling me, which was a lie.  I ran right up the stairs to pack my things.

The next morning I could hardly contain my excitement.  Breakfast took entirely too long but when my Uncle started to cough again I knew it was my queue to make my exit.  Grabbing the small satchel of items I couldn't leave behind, I darted across the lawn to the airship. Out of breath and charging up the stairs I ran right into the new man on the crew.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't see you!" I said breathlessly.

I assume to keep me from falling, or knocking him over he had grabbed me by my forearms. "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Where's the fire?"  He said.

I looked up into those green eyes and felt my cheek enflame. "I'm sorry, please excuse me." I wrenched myself away from him and proceeded into the cabin.

He turned to me as I put my satchel down and looked around.  "So you are coming with us this time?"

I side glanced him not wanting him to see that I was blushing, clearly I was taken with the looks of this man. "Yes, I'm not sure in what capacity I will be serving but I hope to support my Uncle in some way."

He smiled; "Excellent!" then he disappeared through a doorway that led deeper into the airship.

I took the time to view the dials and buttons on the many stations within the command room.  This is where they controlled all the workings of the ship.  The windows surrounding this area curved smoothly around the front of the ship giving full view of the landscape.  I would have to avoid being too close until we were ascending and it would be too late to call me back to the ground.  I ran my hand over some over the buttons with strange names written next to them.  It's no wonder many people were needed to control this dirigible; but it wasn't just any dirigible.

I heard my Uncle's booming voice and felt he was alerting me of their arrival.  I hid in the back of the control room waiting for us to take off.  No one had noticed I was missing.

The crew took their places and performed their jobs to get us in the air, not giving me any notice.  Since 'green eyes' knew I was coming with them I guess my Uncle had mentioned it to them.  We were several feet in the air when my Uncle motioned me forward.  I stood in the window waving and saw the look of realization on my mother's face to be followed by shrieking and fainting.  I knew she would be fine in my father's care and Uncle Hiram and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Phineas! Please show my niece to her quarters." Then Uncle Hiram turned to me, "When you are settled, dear, come back here and we will have a short meeting."

I nodded to my Uncle and saw that 'green eyes' had answered to the name Phineas. He stood at attention next to me.

"This way please." Phineas motioned me with a wave of his hand.