Twenty Six: A Daddy's Girl

Start from the beginning

"Just wanted to check up on you, but I don't wanna say too much since I don't know who you're around," Damien admitted.

"You're sweet, hun," I said to him. "I'm in my jeep right now and about to have lunch with my father, but he is outside on the phone talking to..." I paused and chuckled. "Who even knows anymore. Anyway, I've been better. I'm just always putting myself in a rough decision and I honestly wish I can just choose Shayne and it would be simple."

"What's stopping you?" Damien asked me.

"Myself," I replied with a small chuckle. "My brain, my dignity-"

"What about your heart, Ronnie?" Damien asked me.

I sighed and leaned my head back on the seat. "It's telling me to be with Shayne. Because any minute I've been with Shayne Topp, it always seems to beat a little bit faster and I don't think it's every been like that with a guy before," I admitted. "But my mind keeps telling me to stay with Anthony and Tristan sa-"

"Remember what I've told you before, Veronica; no matter what any of us tell you, it's your choice at the end of the day," Damien reiterated. "And we will support any choice you make because if it makes you happy, we will be happy."

"I don't know what I would do without you, Damien Haas," I said with a smile on my face. I looked out my window to see my dad slipping his phone into his jacket and looking over at me. "Hey Dames, I gotta go. Thank you for checking up on me and thanks for letting me open up to you."

"Well of course, malady," Damien said with his giddy laugh. "I'll talk to you soon." I pulled my phone back from my ear and saw him hang the phone up. I smiled and locked it, then opening my door and getting out of the jeep. I shut the door behind me and I could tell my dad already wanted to judge the place. "Dad, we just got here, seriously?"

"What? I can't look at where we are going to eat?" Dad asked me. I chuckled and shook my head at him. "Why did you pick this place anyway? Didn't you even say you've never had it before?"

"Dad, I don't get out much," I stated. "I'm only in one area and one area only, but I thought it would be cool to do something different." I slipped my hands in my jacket pockets and shrugged at him. "Besides, I heard it has good burgers and I know how much my father likes a good burger."

"Yeah, when I make them myself," my dad corrected. I raised my eyebrow at him and he rolled his eyes. "Let's just go in." I giggled and followed him in. As we walked in, the AC hit us like a truck and it just smelled like greasy food, but it was a good type of smell and I was pretty excited to eat here. I meant it when I say I only eat around one area. Anthony was always the type to be adventurous and that's why we've been to so many different places around the world, but just not around Los Angeles.

He's been around this area, but never with me.

I was so mesmerized by the environment and deep in my thoughts that dad had to snap me out of it. He was waving his hand in front of my face and started following the waitress that was taking us to our table by the window. "Will this be okay for you two?" she asked us.

"Yeah, it'll be fine," dad said rather quickly.

"Dad..." I said slowly. We sat down and the girl gave us our menus.

"Can I start you guys off with drinks?" she asked.

"I'll just have water," my dad said. He looked over at me and I glanced up from looking at the menu. "What do you want?"

"Can I just get a-" I looked over at the girl and choked on my words. It couldn't be. "I'll take a coke, please," I managed to get out. She smiled and started writing it down on her pad. I looked over at the name tag and I can honestly say my mouth dropped and I was unable to comprehend any of it.