Chapter 9. It's NOT A Date

Start from the beginning

      I made my way down the first two blocks as a nervous wreck, my palms began to sweat and my heart was beating in panic. I wiped my hands on my jeans and stopped as the café loomed in front of me. 

‘I can’t do this, I can’t do this, I can’t do this’ my brain screamed at me. I let myself breath and regained my confidence that had been shoved way down form all this chaos today. I slacked reaching the café, I took one more deep breath and pulled open the door. I gaited through, with the air blowing past me along with me searching for a blonde Irish fellow. I spotted him in the corner near the window sipping on tea. I slowly reached the table and finally spoke in almost a wisper.

“Hi” 

“Hey!” Niall lifted himself up off the chair and embraced me into a hug. He had on some tan chinos with a jack wills t-shirt and a green addidas snapback planted on his head. His hair curled out at the ends, he looked adorable I admitted to myself. We both sat down and he broke the awkward silence.

“Sooo, what happened Sarah” 

“You tell me” I snapped. 

“What do you mean?” Niall asked.

“Forget it Niall, you wouldn’t understand.” I picked up my phone wishing this date, outing, hangout, meeting again, what ever the fuck you want to call it, was over. 

~Niall’s POV~  

She just walked in all content and now she’s copping and attitude with me. What did I do? 

“Sarah I can’t fix it if you don’t tell me. I’m not just ready to leave everything behind forever, Please talk to me.” I pleaded. I looked into those brown eyes I had deeply fell for recently. She looked over at the people next to us and fiddled with her charm bracelet. 

“Well, I am. We lived without each other for 3 years Niall. 3 YEARS. You think you can just fix everything over coffee and were going to be all Peachy.No. Not happening. I don’t want to get attached to you, I don’t want to get hate from millions of girls who think they’re marrying you and Niall even if we were to be around each other I am going to get attached, like years ago…Then your going to leave again, Niall. AGAIN and I’m back to square one like I was 3 years ago when you left.” 

She put her hand over her mouth to keep from crying, she got up and went to the door. I saw her out the window jogging to the sidewalk calling a taxi. I got up quickly and had also ran to the sidewalk, people coming this way and that. I knew if I lost her now, that would be the end, and there was no way in hell I’m letting her slip away like that again.

      Suddenly I see her auburn curls bouncing about 15 feet ahead of me. She had just called a taxi and I ran toward her not even second glancing all the people giving me rude looks from bumping into them to get to Sarah. Truth is, I didn’t even care one bit, I’m not letting her get away. As soon as she got into the cab I held the door and slipped into the cabseat next to her.

“No. Niall. Get out.” She glared at me.

“Where to miss?” The cab driver asked.

“Central Park Please” I answered for Sarah.

“Your impossible Niall” She scooted to the far edge of the seat and rested her head on the window.

“I told you Sarah, I am going to fix this whether you want to or not. I promised” I reassured her.

“Remember how the last promise you made to me worked out? Yeah that’s what I thought” She hissed.

She did have a point. I hate myself for even letting myself break such a meaningful promise.