"If mom says yes, how about I pick you up the day before New Year's and we go out around the town? Watch the fireworks from the roof of my apartment building?" He smiled. "Do you still have the fake ID?" I whispered.

"Yup, go ask mom now while she's in a good mood." I rolled my eyes and walked out to go down the stairs where my mom was setting up Santas presents.

"Well I'm headed out," I told her making her sigh.

"Marlene I wish you'd stay." I hummed.

"Yeah well I have muffins and hot chocolate to make for the morning so..." She smiled at me. "Listen I was wondering if Jeff can come to stay with me for New Year's so he can see the fireworks in the city and maybe go out to some tourists sites." She sighed.

"I don't want him drinking Marlene, I know how you two are." She put her hands on her hips.

"No drinking, mom I don't even drink." I lied. She smiled at me.

"Alright then, he can go." I thanked her.

I grabbed my stuff quickly. "Alright, I'll pick him up in a few days." We hugged goodbye and I left.

It was cold as hell, but I kept myself warm with the heater. As I made it back into the city I began thinking about what Harry must be doing. He was alone no doubt. I sighed looking at the time, would he be asleep? Would he even want to talk to me after our last conversation?

I pressed his contact and waited a minute before he responded. "H-hello?"

"You're sleeping aren't you?" I parked my car about a block from his apartment.

"No I'm watching friends actually, I thought you were upset with me?" I chuckled.

"No, just care about you and want you to be happy. Are you happy being alone on Christmas?" I looked down at my gloves, I had a hole for my thumbs so I can text easier.

"I'm never alone with friends." I chuckled. "I'm a bit hyper I will admit, can't sleep."

"Well do you want to come over and help me make muffins and hot chocolate for tomorrow? I take it to the homeless shelter." I really wanted to see him, no interruptions or anything. I also wanted to try and convince him that he needed to get help, but I would try to keep that to myself for a while.

"Sounds lovely, I'll be there soon." I looked around suddenly feeling like a stalker.

"I could pick you up I'm near your place already." He chuckled.

"Alright, I'll be out in five." We hung up and I smiled. If my feelings grew for Harry it could ruin our friendship. He wouldn't leave her for me and I was beginning to wonder why he chose to stay with someone so terrible to him.

When I drove up I noticed Harry sitting on his front steps. He ran over and got in the car shivering. "Merry Christmas, Marlene." He shivered.

"Merry Christmas, Harry." I hugged him smelling his cologne. God, he smelled amazing.

*

As I mixed the batter Harry gently added in the flour and sang along to the music of Cyndi Lauper 'Time after time' from my computer. I laughed as he danced around a bit as he cleaned up the mess he made. I turned off the mixing machine and watched him as he sang louder. He put his hand out and I took it. He pulled me in and began dancing with me. "Oh gosh, I suck at dancing." He chuckled.

"Just follow me." He moved us side to side, the song causing me to giggle.

"Let's just make these muffins- put me down!" He spun me around making me laugh. He set me down and did a funny dance making me laugh harder. This was a side to him I'd never seen and I loved it.