12

Harry

I leaned against a wall while Marlene paced back and forth. "If they're not down by right, we leave to dinner just the two of us." She was adorable when she was annoyed. It was like she wasn't actually annoyed, just grumpy, possibly 'hangry'.

"You really hate this guy huh, sweets?" She turned to me and had a look as if to say she loathed him. "Do you think he and that girl are serious?" She shook her head.

"He told me he was single and now he's with this girl at a family wedding. So she thinks they're serious but he's still a prick." I looked at the time and it turned eight. As if on cue the elevator opened revealing Shane and Helena. "Crap." Marlene groaned.

I kissed her forehead and walked holding her hand over to the other couple. "Alright ready to go?" We nodded and walked outside where it was a bit chilly. Marlene crossed her arms running her hands over them to warm herself up, which made me put my arm around her.

Shane and Helena walked towards their car and I quickly knew that we should drive ourselves in case we wanted to leave early.

"Shane, what restaurant are we going to, I'll drive my car, man?" I said quickly. He let us know it was a steak house down the road so I pulled Marlene's hand to go towards our car. She held my arm as we walked and thanked me.

I opened her door and she gasped. "Harry, you gentleman." I put my hand out and helped her in.

"M'lady." She giggled.

"Why thank you, good sir." Before I closed the door I learned in the car and raised an eyebrow. I was still getting used to being playful with someone. It's sad really how much I missed being with someone who isn't as cold as ice and so down putting all the time.

"You know it's customary to give a tip to those who help you in your car." She put her warm hands on my slightly cold cheeks and gave me a kiss. "Well, that's a start." She bit her lip and kissed me again.

*

We were seated at the steak house and I could tell Marlene was uncomfortable. "Can I get a glass of white wine, please?" She asked the server.

We all ordered drinks and I looked at the menu for the most expensive thing I could find. This dinner reminded me of dinner with Emily's parents.

Flashback

Emily had begun shaking in anticipation as we sat at the very expensive restaurant her father chose. She had begun biting her nails which were something she did when she was stressed. "All this stress isn't good for the baby, darling." She nodded slowly.

"My dad is going to kill you." She stated.

"That's why we're doing this in public, he'll have to control himself." I held her hand and felt this cold chill pass me. As I looked up I noticed her tall, sharp-dressed father in his expensive coat and, then his wife beside him.

Emily's mum, Addison, was cold and the least motherly woman I've ever met. The complete opposite of my mother who at least told me she'd help us with anything if we needed it.

I stood up and reached out to shake his hand as he was seated at our table. "Hello, sir."

Completely ignoring my hand, he looked around in disgust. "They couldn't get us a nicer table?" I put my hand down and sat back down. I reached for Emily's hand but she pulled away.

Dinner went by quickly and it was some time after we were done eating that I decided to clear my throat and say what we came here to say. That was until Emily interrupted. "Daddy, I have to tell you something?" Emily blurted. He gave her a look as if to tell her to spit it out. "I'm having a baby."