"Well, if you would just agree with me, you wouldn't have to be forced to stay in this cramped cell." His raised voice at the end had little affect her.

"Why should I agree with you?" Seth smiled once more.

"There she is, the Anessa that made a solemn oath to challenge everything I said. Soon, everything will be set in motion."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Seth knew her innocence wasn't a lie.

"Your memories are returning slowly." He muttered more to himself than to her.

"It doesn't matter; everything will be ready before he even has a chance to get you."

He bent down to her height and lifted her chin to a position where he had the perfect view of her confused gaze, "Soon, my love."

Soon.

The word echoed in her mind as she watched him walk out of the room and left her to her own devices.

...

"Adonis? Adonis! Are you okay?" Adonis grabbed his head as his body trembled from the immense pain that he was currently feeling.

"Brian! Come quickly! He's shifting!" No time was wasted as Kyle removed his body from the kitchen floor and onto the soft green grass of the open field.

Brian watched from a respectable distance with a small smile on his face, "Soon."

His whisper vanished into thin air as many gathered around the wolf-to-be with both happiness and fear. No one knew how long this shift would take but all questions were answered as soon as the ripping of clothes echoed throughout the forest.

Golden fur began to grow on his back at a fast pace as his claws and teeth made an appearance. Throughout it all, he screamed; he could feel himself changing and he could feel his subconscious being pushed into a corner of his mind as it welcomed another.

His eyes glowed a colour of pure gold as it would even make the sun feel jealous of its beauty. The agonizing screams ceased and it was replaced by a commanding howl of an enormous golden wolf. Everyone bowed down to its glory, well, all except one person.

Brian or Seth watched from the nearby hill with liquid black eyes as he envied substance of the circle. Seeing his wolf triggered something with his own; it was something he couldn't control however, somehow he miraculously managed the impossible.

It was too early to reveal his actual identity; it was too early to reveal the prophecy. So, he fled within seconds before the Lupus Auream would notice.

"Adonis needs time with his wolf, everyone. Let's leave him to roam around the forest and get acquainted." Just like that, everyone fled without another word being said.

Adonis stared at the black abyss of his empty mind before a golden wolf whisked itself in without welcome. To a minor part of him, it felt like an unwanted guest but for the latter, it felt as though he was reuniting with a long lost friend.

"Maxim." Adonis sighed with relief as the wolf licked the side of his face and stared back at him with a wolf smile.

"Adonis, it's always a pleasure to reunite with you." Though the phrasing of his greeting did slightly confuse Adonis, he just let it float in mid-air and reciprocated the smile.

"At least now we're stronger." The words that left his mouth felt foreign to him.

"I know as much as you do, Adonis. We need to know more; each and every time this happens, it doesn't get any easier. We need to stop this once and for all...and take back what's ours." Maxim's eyes drowned in pure gold as it simmered beneath the surface.

"Ours?" He was trying his absolute best to understand this situation.

"Yes, ours. He has what's ours. Our Amare is trapped in his grasp and if we don't get to her soon, she will be no more."

Adonis' eyes suddenly mimicked his wolf's own as they had a mutual agreement.

"Anessa, does she know yet?" Adonis awaited a reply.

"The Goddess already placed a few memories in her mind. Adonis, we only have limited time until she remembers what she is supposed to do and who she is supposed to choose. I can't bear to see her die one more time."

"Amorem nostri et revertetur in terram suam." Our love will return home.

"Aliquam fac ab ea. Debemus poterimus adversus illum." It's time to make sure of it. We must defeat him.

...

"Time is of essence Anessa. Soon, your lover will come to rescue you."

"My lover?" No, she wasn't playing dumb or tarnished her true innocence, she truly didn't know.

"Yes, Adonis and little Maxim." His tone overflowed with disgust.

'Adonis and Maxim?' That thought bounced off of the dark walls of her mind as she awaited an answer.

"I'm guessing by your facial expression that you still don't understand this whole deal but I'm not going to tell you. Maybe fate will bestow me with you as a way to purify all the darkness that constricts the sliver of good that I have left in me. Though I highly doubt that, I wouldn't mind having you in my arms and out of his."

She felt a strong urge to slap the maniac in front of her but the heavy silver on her hands prevented her from even scratching her head.

"The choice is yours, Anessa. Think about it, white and black always go together. A stark contrast yes but it's meant to balance each other like a ying and yang. White and gold can't compare, he barely even had a chance against me in the first place."

She suddenly had this urge to do what was right, "I choose Adonis."

History always repeats itself.

---

What do you think?

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.