~(13)~

Anessa

I've been here at least three days at the Evening Nightwalker Pack grounds alongside my mate, Scott who indeed made it his first priority to show me around as well as his duties which will soon hopefully be mine as well. 

I blink a few times as I lay back into the comfort of the soft bed that remained drenched in the scent of Scott's, one that I most definitely loved. 

It's weird how I felt as though I never wanted a mate but now, I am ruffling the sheets and inhaling his scent. I should stop. 

I could literally recall all the moments before I had a mate; the times where I felt independent, slightly lonely, independent, sad, not tied down and most importantly, independent. 

My mind is replaying all the conversations that I ever had with anyone where the main debate was mates and about finding them plus about how I would always laugh in their faces and look at them as though they were crazy but now, they are probably waiting to tell me 'I told you so' repeatedly. 

I mean, where am I now? Yeah, that's right, on my mate's pack grounds, in his bed and basking in his scent from his pillow... it's funny how time changes people. What can I say? Things change. 

My mind felt unusually empty, I think I'm forgetting something. Wait, no, I know I am forgetting something but the real question is WHAT?

I prop my body against the headboard and basically just stare at the whole entire room trying to remember what I was supposed to do. 

My eyes lingered on the side table as I counted the items in my head, a watch, lamp, my phone, a pen and a book. 

Wait, my phone, I needed to call Kyle to check up on the pack's well being. 

Something like this was a necessity for me, I called at least once a day so far because of all the things happening, however, even with those abnormal things, I just knew that I needed a break. 

It seemed like an inner debate with myself, to call or not to call?

 I am a terrible Alpha! Maybe they are better off without me?

My dad could do it right? He'd done it before, he can do it again. 

Hell, even Liam can do a better job than me right now, why did he have to die?

Why did he really have to die? Why couldn't I have been the one downstairs that would have gotten killed by that disgusting rogue? Why couldn't I die instead of him?

My eyes are rheumy at this point, I can feel the tears cascading down my cheeks and on the bed sheets and I had no intention of wiping them off. 

One by one, my eyes turned into a faucet that was kicked into full drive with again no intention of stopping. 

Through my blurry vision, I can see his picture behind the clear case of my phone, a place where I know I can always see it and always carry it around with me. 

Suddenly, the tears are wiped off my eyes and my fingers begin to dial Kyle's familiar number; someone clearly wanted me to be in this position that I am in today and that person or mystical creature is the Moon Goddess. 

My breath is heavy as I hear the third ring, my heart is thumping against my chest quite rapidly. It wasn't too late to call, it was only eleven in the morning, Kyle should be up by now or at least free. 

"Hey Ness." Kyle's groaning voice makes a smile appear on my face. 

"Did I wake you?" Okay, now I feel bad. 

"No, Brian is just bu- Brian! Would you shut up already? I'm on the phone!" This is why i love them. Just ten seconds on the phone, and my face has an irreplaceable smile. They may be idiots but they're my idiots. 

"What's wrong with 'B'?" I can hear fumbling on the phone, it's sounds something remote to fighting, something that they do frequently. It probably was just Kyle trying to quiet Brian down.

"Brian, stop moving!" What is going on with those two?

"No! Let me talk to her!" Again fumbling on the phone. 

"She called about Alpha business, you can gush to her about your new found mate in your own time!"

"Wait, new found mate?" I leave for a little more than three days and so much happened.

"Yeah, her name's Christina, she's from the Cosmic Storm Wolf Pack. We had to go down to their ground a time to teach them a few fighting techniques and he ended up smelling her scent. They've known each other for a day and right now, she's sleeping in his bed whilst he is harassing the crap out of me!" Kyle sounds quite annoyed actually. It makes me think, is Brian really that annoying? 

Yes, yes he is.

"Aw, put him on the phone." I can practically see the smile on his face right now. 

"Okay, hold on..." Their was once again shuffling on the other side of the phone before Brian's voice sounded. 

"Ness!" I cannot handle this shouting. One day he's going to destroy my ear drums and I won't be able to hear him again but I'm not going to wait for that day to come. 

"Hey Brian, so this new mate of yours huh? How does it feel?" I can feel him perk up and smile just from thinking about his mate, this mate bond has really taken a toll on him. 

"Honestly, she a bad thing fine as hell thick as f-" He didn't have to quote that song. 

"Don't you dare, we're family friendly content, family friendly!" What? It's true.

"Haha. Okay, it's so amazing, is it too early to feel love heep a flargin virgin darling..." 

...

The voice slowly faded away from the line and from her line of hearing. Spots began to cloud her eyesight making it impossible for her to see. Her legs began to wobble, no longer did they have the strength to with hold her stance and let her fall to the floor with a harsh thud. 

Her voice strangled to pronounce his name multiple times but it was to no avail, her hands struggled to get her to her feet as her mind buzzed with the word 'No' ringing constantly throughout her brain. 

The voice was somewhat screaming in her head making Anessa scream from the pain. Tears escaped her eyes, the only hope she had was the mate bond, Scott should feel her pain and come in rushing in any moment but until then, she laid there and cried. 

---

Long time nooo seeeeeee! 

What do you think? 

What do you want to see happen? 

So this story is developing and that is a good thing. If you don't find it interesting, I promise that it will get better but if you have any ideas, I am open to suggestions and as always:

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.

See you in the next chapter. Bri <3