~(29)~

Unknown

He tightly clasped his sweaty hands as his right leg bounced up and down continuously. His deep inspirations and expirations weren't at all helping his palpitating heart that was warping two miles per minute.

It's been about half an hour since then and here he is, back in the familiar room where he once laid in peaceful slumber.

Many things were galloping around like wild horses inside his head. A relationship that had almost lasted a year had all been fake and his ex-girlfriend was a werewolf; one with razor sharp fangs and strangely long and lethal claws that looked as though it could slice his throat with the slightest touch.

Never in his twenty four years of living did he ever think he could run that fast; he concentrated on that the most. Maybe it was just some sort of adrenaline rush or the power given to him by someone to escape his death.

His brain could not analyze this situation. Maybe it was an adrenaline rush. To him, this answer seemed logical but to his brain, it was nearly impossible. He remembered seeing how the trees blur into mere spots of green as he continued to run for his life; he was running too fast for it to just be adrenaline.

Watching him struggle to deduce an answer showed just how much he wanted to understand everything but it was neither the time nor place to let him know.

Only the Moon Goddess can and must decide this.

Meanwhile, the festivities were stopped; an emergency pack meeting.

By now, everyone knew of his presence and they were frantic. Anessa just stared emotionlessly at the back of the Hall as the pack members filed in with numerous murmurs.

Anessa still wasn't in the best mood and this made everyone immediately silence as soon as they shifted their eyes to her emotionless figure that just stood on that stage.

After one minute, everyone had assembled and awaited the expected news that their Alpha was about to give them. However, she made no notion to even speak to them; this made them even more frightened.

Suddenly, a scream erupted amongst the pack members as all eyes stared at the source. Everyone separated themselves from the girl who Anessa recognized as Anna; a seventeen year old girl that loved anything that was everything and one that everyone loved.

Her eyes glowed a familiar shade of blue as her body gravitated in the air in less than a fraction of a second. All eyes were glued onto her now as she rose to the highest peak of the ceiling and drowned the Hall in a majestic shade of blue.

"You all know who he is now, Adonis Evans. Not an ordinary human but born to be something more than he or any of you could ever imagine. He needs to know, about all of you, about me, about everything."

No one questioned the Goddess but they bowed their heads in respect as they kept their itching mouths shuts and silently nodded their heads.

"He's here for a reason, a reason that I only know about...for now. I promise my children, you all will soon realize that this is no burden that you guys are carrying on your backs but a blessing in disguise that will benefit you and those around you greatly. Just be patient and let fate reveal itself to you and before you know it, everything will make sense."

Her celestial voice calmed their pressured hearts as Anna's body gracefully landed on the cold floor and her body was embraced by none other than her mate, Kevin.

Anessa decided that nothing else was to be said, she didn't even know what to say. This day had gotten worse; it felt extremely overbearing to her. The Moon Goddess' random appearances were becoming a little predictable but always unexpected, however, this message wasn't meant to instill fear into those she created and cared the most for, instead, it was meant to pacify them and give them hope.

This only leaves more of a mystery, what was Adonis Evans' relation to the Moon Goddess? Why was it so important he be introduced to their world? What was he supposed to represent? What was he supposed to do when he had become this thing that the Moon Goddess said he will be?

...

"How is he Kyle?" The two sat opposite from each other at the kitchen counter as they tried to wrap their heads around this crazy situation.

"He's trembling; I can still hear his heavy pants and his bouncing leg. What are we going to do?"

"I don't know Kyle. Let's take this one step at a time okay? I still need to address the pack members about Liam..."

"Ness... I know it's not easy, especially with all that's going on but-"She raised her hand to silence him.

"I don't need your advice right now. It's hard enough as is so let's just go."

Her bitter tone did not go unnoticed but Kyle just walked with her as they made their way to the opening entrance of the forest where Liam's memory was celebrated.

"I remember how he used to love to play here; it was some sort of routine," Anessa laughed sadly as all of the pack members silently agreed with her, "Sometimes I can still hear his laughter every time I run through here and all I can think is to run faster because all I feel is this overwhelming feeling in my heart that he wasn't supposed to go..."

Her mother intertwined her hand with Anessa's as she to tried to stop the tears from cascading down her melancholy features.

"Every year without him gets a little bit harder... I'm twenty and it just doesn't get any easier without him by my side. No one wanted that day to happen. No one wanted him to die but the Moon Goddess has made it perfectly clear that she has a plan and that we should just accept that. Sometimes I wonder if this is all worth it, to take his place as though he wasn't even here in the first place but many of you knock some sense into me whenever I doubt myself and her."

Everyone was listening intently; it was all they could do.

"As I stand at this podium and look up at this moon, I ask for you the Moon Goddess, to help me in all my decisions as Alpha and to not make the wrong choices. I also ask that you my dearest brother, Liam, watch over me as I hope that with every action I execute, that I'm making you proud. Please everyone, join me as we raise our heads to the moon and howl in memory of a fallen Alpha."

Everyone morphed, yet one in sync howl erupted from the mouths of about seven hundred pack members, that is including some of Scott's pack members.

His figure moved closer to the frosted window as he wiped it off and stared at the many orange glows that dominated the forest.

His eyebrows furrowed even more when all he could hear was an ear piercingly loud howl that somehow managed to captivate him to actually look up to the moon and notice that it illuminated a slightly blue tint as it graced the sky with its presence.

The moon did more than just grasp his attention; it spoke to him, well, she spoke to him.

He made no movement as he heard that mysteriously celestial voice in his head as it did more than entice him.

"Soon." Was all she said to him before she disappeared completely and the moon returned to its normal colour.

"Soon." He mimicked as he tried to decipher what she meant with all his intelligence but this atmosphere was new to him even though he has been here once before.

Not once did he remove his body from the window but he continued to stare out at the hundreds of shadows that emerged from the large cover trees as they disrupted the silence with their loud chatter and playful banter.

In his mind and everyone else's mind, it all seemed strange how he was chosen to be something of mass importance and that the Barbaric Shadows were given the honour of witnessing it firsthand.

Nothing is to be revealed yet.

---

This chapter is a little late but hey, it's here! I will be posting another chapter on Monday so tune in for that one!

Anyways, please tell me what you think!

What do you want to see next?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

See you in the next chapter, <3.