Chapter 12 - Locker 376

Start from the beginning

"Which locker is it?" Jungsoo asked in a hushed tone to avoid the teacher's attention. Na Ri thought for a moment before replying with her answer that led both Chan and Jungsoo to freeze.

Na Ri heard a loud gasp fall from Chan's lips which caused the teacher to shoot a glare in his direction and several students to look back in confusion at him including Na Ri. Chan simply bowed his head apologetically before returning to his novel, rereading the same paragraph that he'd already read four times since Jungsoo arrived without even realising.

"What's the deal with locker 376?" She asked Jungsoo who put his finger to his lips, shushing her. "We'll discuss it later." He assured her with a small smile but she knew it was forced. She noticed the way his expression seemed pained and his eyes glazed over. Something about his expression sparked interest in her. For the first time since meeting him, she genuinely wanted to know more about him.

No matter how hard she tried, for the rest of her school day the two boy's reactions ran through her mind like a movie. She already had a rough idea that it was somehow linked to In Ho but jumping to conclusions was something she tried to avoid.

Once the final bell rang she made her way to her locker with a slight surge of nerves coursing through her. She didn't by any means trust Jungsoo but she was still interested in what he had to say regarding Bo Ra and her locker. She was so deep in thought wondering about what he might say that she'd completely forgotten the bad looks being hurled at her. Whispers of her lies about Bo Ra circled the halls and not a single person at school hadn't heard the rumour by this point.

"That part of the floor must be pretty damn interesting." Jungsoo laughed at her zoned out face. "More interesting than you anyway!" She fired back. He smiled and shook his head. "I've gotta say, that was a disappointing comeback. I expected better from you." He admitted. Na Ri scoffed and folded her arms across her chest. "Are we talking here or what?" She snapped at him. She wasn't sure on why he seemed to annoy her so much but being around him always put her in a bad mood.

Jungsoo's smile quickly faded into a frown, his eyebrows furrowed and his body stiffened. He was dreading this but he knew there were many benefits to gaining her trust. Befriending her was all that mattered to him right now. Jungsoo was well aware that she seemed to be the only person Chan tolerated and that made her the key to everything.

"Let's go!" He demanded before striding down the hallway, leaving her to follow behind him. "Where are we going?" She questioned from behind him but he didn't reply. After a few minutes of walking he stopped at the school pitch that was empty. He sat down on the grassy bank and patted the grass beside him, motioning her to do the same.

"So...locker 376?" She began, hoping to coax an explanation out of him. He let out a deep breath before looking down at the grass as he picked at it. "You need to stay away from Bo Ra. I'm not saying that for my sake but for yours. She's honestly ruthless and you seem to be getting on her bad side." Jungsoo eyes landed on Na Ri as she sat cross legged beside him. Jungsoo knew all too well about the consequences of interfering with Bo Ra's life. Na Ri sighed in defeat as she realised she was repeating past mistakes of bad friendships followed by even worse choices. "And locker 376...you should really ask for a new locker." He advised with a stern look.

She was about to push him for more answers but he beat her to it. "Bad things seem to happen to people with that locker. The last two people with that locker ended up dead. People say it's cursed or some shit like that." He warned the apprehensive girl. "Dead?" She muttered. "Some senior girl with that locker killed herself right before her final exams like 4 years ago and then...and then In Ho." He bowed his head down as he relived the day he found out In Ho had died. Not many people knew but Jungsoo and In Ho were actually very close. They were the type of friends that didn't need to hang out everyday in order to know they had one another's backs.

"I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I'll be fine." She reassured aloud but it was more for herself than him. A moment of silence passed before Jungsoo broke it with words that brought her world to a stand still. "Na Ri, I know your secret." Jungsoo mumbled but she heard it clearly. A thick tension filled the air around the two at his sudden confession. She felt as though her world had stopped dead in its tracks. "M-my secret?" She whispered in fear. She knew what happened at her last school would eventually come back to haunt her but she didn't think it would happen so soon.

He nodded before standing up and looking down at her, delivering his last sentence before his departure from the pitch. "But it's safe with me."

____________________

2K reads! I cannot thank you guys enough. Honestly, I've been so down the past few months but reading your comments really makes me happy, especially the theories haha.

Did you guys watch Stray Kids perform in the rain today? I felt so bad when Jeongin slipped. I hope he doesn't go too hard on himself.

Random question but who's your stray kids bias? Mine's Chan and Felix is my bias wrecker. Gotta thing for the Aussie line lol!

Anyway, just felt like telling you guys I'm here if any of you need someone to talk to. My Dm's are always open and I do have other socials too if you wanna be mutals.