The Golden Princess

Start from the beginning

"Avril calm down, I know you do. I've realized and connected the pieces, maybe you guys argued and hated each other so much was because. . .well as the saying goes there's a thin line between love and hate."

That in no way helped bitch! I wanted to scream at her maniacally but held my tongue, she was only trying to help and I didn't want to push her away just because I was having a meltdown.

"It's going to be okay, whatever happens tonight okay? " She grabbed my hand  tightly and begin walking, I followed mutely still dumbstruck at my sudden realization. People moved out of our way as the princess came through, dragging me along. My eyes never left her lace covered back, trying to get myself under control in front of the judging eyes. "Whatever happens tonight, it'll be okay in the end. You're Avril this isn't like you", she looked at me reassuringly, determination flashing in her eyes.

I wanted to be all like "hell yeah", like I normally do when I'm pushed against a corner, but right now I just couldn't find it in me. I loved Ike and I could only imagine the pain if it turned out I was not his princess. "Now just wait in line everything will be okay."

Her hands untangled themselves out of mine, which I realized had been holding her's in a death grip.

She gave me one last reassuringly glance before she disappeared in the crowd leaving me completely confused and still distraught. I turned around and realized I was in a line full of girls, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I tapped curiously on the girl's shoulder standing in front of me.

She turned around, her green eyes darkening. "Oh it's you. . .it's obvious, don't act stupid", she turned back around while my mouth dropped at her rudeness. Damn, you couldn't even ask questions nowadays without being insulted.

"Bitch", I muttered sourly and then smirked when she tensed letting me know she had heard me. 

I had been in this damn line for forever, actually it really wasn't a line anymore. We all sat down after a hour of standing so now we all sat in chairs while the announcer called girls up one at a time.

From what I observed, each girl went up on the stage platform and a helper would give them a liquid drink. Essences would appear above them and I guess we were looking for a certain color essence because so far each teary eyed girl has had blue glimmers appear above them in the air. The dark blue essences would swirl in circular rotations, almost melancholy-like above their heads, telling us all that they were not the princess.

"Abdullah Kraine", the booming voice said through the speakers making me jump. I had been lost in my thoughts again. Our heads all craned seeing a girl with sandy brown hair stand up confidently. She was a couple of tables away and she wore a conceited smile. "Watch me make it", she winked her voice loud enough for us to hear but low enough the people on the stage wouldn't. I recognized her as being the head macho in the little group of girls who had stared and made fun of me tonight. She placed her hands on her pink dressed hip and strutted up the stairs and onto the stage like she was Beyoncé and ruled the world.

The helper, dressed in a golden formal suit, grabbed a cup that was set out on a large mahogany table in the back and briskly walked up to Abdullah. Her lips tightened, becoming impatient and when he started to hand it to her, she rudely swiped it out his hand. The servant frowned, but didn't say anything and faded to the back.

Looking at the brass cup like it was the answers to all her problems, she glided the cup to her lips and drunk the liquid inside of it greedily. The clear liquid even spilled out of her mouth slightly and seeped out the corner of her lips. I cringed, scrunching my nose. Well she couldn't drink it any faster, I thought sarcastically. She removed the cup from her lips and looked at the audience anticipation building in her eyes. Seeing her excitement, a low buzz of wonderment begin to hum through the crowd, but all too quick the excitement died down.