Crush?

Dedication: This awesome cover for The Lethal Princess was created by crookedaydreamer.

Song: Jennifer Paige - Crush

* * * * *

"I'm sorry", I said for the fourth hundred time, my head resting on my hand . My voice was monotone and I kept tuning him in and out as the conversation, more like argument, raged on.

"I don't give a damn, my dad is furious!" Ike shouted for the ten thousandth time. I huffed upset and turned to look out the window. Every since we got back, Ike has really laid into me about what happened at diner. His eyes had been that annoying violet color for the whole night.

The sun had already set about a hour or so, so it was night. Selene wasn't out today so it was pitch dark, except for flickers of blue and pink lights that could be seen in their yard that reminded me of cotton candy. I'm pretty sure it was bugs that were equivalents to Earth's fireflies that were doing the spontaneous lighting.

"You don't understand you just can't do stuff like that. We're royalty and we're in the damn spotlight and public eye and-"

"Shut up!" I snapped at him and he looked at me shock from my sudden outburst. My temper had been building and I just couldn't take it! To be truthful, I don't know why I was having all these mood swings but I was.

"Do you not understand your stupid girlfriend started all of this!" I seethed and pushed myself off the sofa chair.

"She was just-"

"Don't you dare try to stand up for her, while I'm covered with all kinds of food and have bread in places they shouldn't even be Ike Aldav!" I pointed my finger ruthlessly. Almost every inch of my body was covered in something and my finger looked like it had sauce on it or something. Gross.

Back at the disaster diner, I had lunged for her but I didn't notice Nydale right beside me. He had grabbed me and prevented me from right hooking her so instead of lunging over the table and beating her to a bloody pulp, I only managed to launch more food at her while Nydale tried to pry me off the table. She managed to get a few food strikes in too unfortunately. One of my favorites things: food, was turning out to be a nightmare as I shuffled around. "She couldn't shut her mouth and that's why once again she can't come back to the Eastern Mountains until your stupid ball."

"You provoked her saying you could steal me away, which by the way you couldn't. I don't want you!" He thundered. My rant died in my throat, my shoulders drooping as I felt a sudden feeling of saddness crash over me.

"Ouch, that even hurt me Av", my voice whispered sympathetically.

I bit my lip, stopping what I was about to say, matter of fact I couldn't even remember what I was about to say as his words echoed through my head. For some reason that hurt. . .a lot. I know this is a little over dramatic but it literally felt like my heart kinda cracked. I never felt this before. . .

My hand moved to where my heart was, making sure it was still beating. I felt it pulsing under my hand and knew nothing crazy had happened. My emotions have been all over the place today and I don't know why his words hurt so much. Yes! That's the answer, my emotions are affecting me because I know it wouldn't have hurt this much, say yesterday. Yesterday I would've brushed it off but today it just put me in an anguish state of mind. What was going on?

I glanced up at Ike and realization seemed to dawn on his face as he realized what he had said. His bright orbs quickly flickered to their regular blushish green color.

"Isn't it obvious?" My conscience asked.

Yes my emotions are going haywire bu-

"No! Someone has a crush. . ."