-Summer nights and fun fair lights. [Chapter 10]

ابدأ من البداية

“I think you should ask Zayn, he’s the king of all comedy.”

I said dismissively and Louis gasped.

“What did you just say?!”

“You heard me.”

I repeated and he frowned.

“Disappointment. Just for that we’re not going to tell you what the surprise is yet.”

Louis taunted sharing a knowing smile with Harry who was now back to saving the bacon.

“Okay, I don’t care.”

I shrugged and he raised his eye-brows.

“Oh you will when you find out.”

“Whatever.”

Louis smirked as he set a plate of two strips of bacon and a fried egg on in front of me. I looked up at him sliding my phone into the pocket of my denim shorts.

“Really? I’m not that hungry.”

“You are when you’re with us. Come on Ash, you need it.”

Harry remarked in a serious tone getting a nod of agreement from Louis who was now being a very good boy and washing up some cups that must have been from at least two days ago. Lovely. I made a mental note to go through this house and clean up later on today or tonight.

“But-“

“No but’s. Eat that up right now before I get Niall on you.”

“Ooooh scared.”

I cooed but picked up a fork anyway and dug it into the egg letting the yolk spill onto the plate not wishing to endure in a conversation about eating habits with Niall just yet.

I shovelled the egg into my mouth it being the first food I had eaten in at least 24 hours my body was thanking me for feeding it as my tongue watered for more but my brain said no reeling off all the fat content and nasty’s of fried eggs but I pushed on trying to ignore it as I satisfied my taste buds with the rest of the egg. Bacon. Now bacon. Such a fatty, salt ridden, calorie bearing food. 4.0 grams of fat per rasher and there’s two and a half here, meaning that’d be 10.0 grams of fat I’d be feeding my body plus the un-known content of the egg, this was definitely risky. But I needed it, my body needed it, I know it did but somehow I just couldn’t.

“I don’t-“

I began my sentence faltering to a stop as Louis and Harry both raised their eyebrows in an accusing and serious fashion and I sunk back into my seat mustering up all the will power I had over that voice and carefully cut off a small piece of bacon and let the meat melt onto my tongue as it massaged against my teeth every single scrap of fat and unhealthiness.

I was shovelling one of the five pieces of very small scraps of bacon left on my plate into my mouth under the keen eye of Harry as the all too familiar Irish accent filled my ears for the first time since I arrived here last night.

“I would just appreciate it that if you’re going to tell me we’re doing something today that you’d tell me whose going and where we’re going! Wait…Is that bacon I smell?”

“Oh shut up you’ll find out soon enough.”

I looked out the kitchen door to see Niall staring straight at me our gazes latched together as he looked rather dapper in his standard white and purple Jack Wills t-shirt, crème chinos and a pair of white supras. He evaded my gaze settling his to Harry behind me as he ignored me walking straight to the worktop and taking a box of cereal out of the cupboard. Fine then. He can ignore me if he likes, he’s not the only one who’s good at ignoring the other.