Was that a smile ?

I ended up eating the pizza alone, not that I complained tho.

Less for him meant more for me.

I was now laying on his bed and it was already dark outside.

The stars were shining in the night sky.

I always had this weird connection to stars, since I was probably 7, I developed this awkward love towards astronomy.

My mother blames it on my dad cause he was the one taking me on the roof of our house or sometimes we camped in the garden and we used to admire the stars and try to figure out their names and constellations.

And I never got over it.

This obsession just kind of melted in me.

" So you like stars, huh ? " I heard a voice say.

My eyes drifted to meet his.

He was leaning against the doorframe watching me, with a playful grin plastered on his lips.

I simply nodded which he took as a sign to move closer.

And when I said closer, I meant "laying next to me on the bed" closer.

I was pretty sure that the cluelessness was pretty readable on my face.

And I really wanted to shift a little bit further from him.

But my ankle condition didn't help.

Or at least that's what I hoped.

I was able to feel the heat radiating from him.

Not that he's hot thought.

I would never admit that.

Ever.

But yeah.

It was getting kind of awkward, since no one made a move.

I could see him from the corner of my left eye looking right in front of him, blinking a couple of times. His thick lashes would make any girl jealous.

I envied him.

I knew that we would have this awkward and selfish conversation when he will make me sleep on the floor so he would sleep on his bed and I was dreading it.

Suddenly, the feel of his skin against mine snapped me out of my dreams.

His fingers brushed my arm when he took the book out of my hold.

" The Fault in our stars.." he reads the title.

While I just stared at him, nervous at how close he was.

" Isn't that another cheesy love Story that's gonna be turned into a shitty movie ? " he asked.

" No.." I started, snatching the book from his dirty hands.

" This one is different.." I said, defending my favorite book.

" Really ? how ? " he asked, now his full attention on me, his eyes focusing on the side of my face.

His move made me extremely self cautious.

My side profile wasn't really pretty.

" I don't know, ok ? It just is.." I tried my best to make him drop the subject.

" What do you even know about books ? Have you ever read one ? " I asked him smirking.

He faked a frown and put his hand on his heart.

" Oh sweetheart, do you think that low of me ? Of course I read. " he defended himself.

And i couldn't help but blush.