Chapter 2: The Miracle

I sat up in bed and I took a look at myself. Everything seemed fine but I can't remember a thing. How did I end up in the hospital? What actually happened to me? 

I thought the doctor mentioned something about a "miracle". Maybe it's just my brain messing around with me...or maybe...something was wrong. I had to search for clues.

The silence of the room gave me goosebumps, my blood turned cold like the autumnal air that has crept through an open window. There were no whisperings nor voices. It was just too quiet. I stood up and walked around the room, pacing in a circle. I saw a piece of crumpled yellow paper sticking out at the edge of the bed. Dulling, stilling....
Without hesitation, I gently pulled it out. On the top of the paper, it wrote Medical Record

"My medical record huh ?" I said to myself.

"I need to know why I end up here."

I kept reading.

Name: Thea Cogan
Sex: Female
Age: 15
Date Of Birth: December 13th, year 3201
Parents: Jim Cogan, Sheena Louis 
Symptoms: Bleeding of the brain

"Bleeding of the brain? I look fine... Except I kept seeing those weird nightmares."

At the back of the paper, a doctor's note is attached to it.

By Doctor Winston.
Thea got into a car crash five days ago. She was severely injured and she landed on her head when the car crashed, her brain was bleeding. She was close to death when she arrived at the hospital. We already tried our best to bring her back. I saw her heartbeat got weaker and weaker until it stopped. But when we were about to lose hope, her heartbeat came back and she got into a coma for five days.
We've been checking up on her brain with the brain scan while she's still in a coma. An unusual symptom was found, A white spot was on the left side of her brain. We've never seen a white spot before. Maybe it's some kind of weird disease.

I stopped reading. My hands started to shake, I can feel my palms sweating. In that very moment, I was stunned. 

"I can't believe this. I can't believe all of this. I can't be dead! I...came back to life? The doctor must have made a mistake!"

My head starts to get heavy, I took a step back, letting the piece of yellow paper slip off between the gaps of my finger. I then slouched on my bed and closed my eyes. Hoping all this would end. I hope none of this ever happened, I hope...it's all just a dream.
Suddenly, something came up to my mind.

"My parents! I have to find them. I need to know where they are! "
I stood up without a doubt and pushed the door open. I ran hurriedly down the hallway with my hospital gown on. I don't know exactly where I'm going but I needed to find Doctor Winston.
Just when I was about to turn an angle cross the corridor, somebody grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I turned around slowly and saw a nurse with a green mask on.

"Sorry. I just wanted to go to the bathroom." I lied.

"Oh really ?" She questioned.
"Aren't you going to find Doctor Winston ?" She asked.

"How do you know-"

"You can't lie to me, Child. Didn't your parents teach you not to lie? " She asked.

"I-"

"Let me teach you a lesson." She smirked.

The nurse took off her mask and her flesh melted away from her body. Her face...It's the most horrible thing I've ever seen. Her eyes are yellow in colour. She turned into a horrifying creature I cannot name.

"You can't get away child! " She cackled.

"Get away from me !" I shouted. 

I heard the voices coming back. The whispers, I felt that my head is going to explode. The ringing noise didn't stop, It got louder and louder. I covered my ears with my hands and shut my eyes closed. I can't stand it anymore.

"GET AWAY !" I screamed on top of my lungs.

Everything went silent.

I slowly opened my eyes. The creature was gone, the voices were gone. I was standing in the corridor, alone. 

A crowd of nurses and doctors all gathered around looking at me, shocked.

"This child is crazy. She's screaming at the wall. But there's no one there." I heard one of the medical assistants said.

My heart skipped a beat.

"Is what they said true? So...ALL of this is just in my head? What is happening to me !? "