Call Me By Your Name

It was the period of summer holidays and Baekhyun decided to spend it with his parents in Jeju island where the family owned a guest house. The 17-year-old boy did not usually visit the guest house frequently as he was always busy with his school in Seoul, only his dad and his uncle took care of the business in their own schedules while his mom and his big brother stayed with him in Seoul together.

Jeju's summer view was indeed beautiful, Baekhyun wanted to visit here again in next summer too. As a little photographer he was, the boy walked along the shore in one evening with a small DSLR camera in his hands, taking photos of things which he thought they were worth to be recorded.

His unbuttoned outer shirt with vertical blue stripes was slightly blown by cool breeze as he continued walking and his slippers were almost swallowed by the muddy sand alongside the shore. Baekhyun ran his fingers through his hair and stood for a while to observe how the sun went down into the horizontal sea level, a new day was starting on the other side of the world.

When the atmosphere started to chill as soon as the sun disappeared, the boy decided to go back to the guest house which situated on a small hill about half of a mile away from the shore.

There were some people enjoying sunset and some making a campfire. Baekhyun would like to heat some marshmallows and eat them beside a warm campfire but himself alone wouldn't do, it would be so boring to be alone on shore in a late hour.

His long time forgotten phone in his pocket since he arrived here last night vibrated all of a sudden and Baekhyun was quick to check the notifications of his friends talking in the group chat box. They were discussing to enroll in a summer club and Baekhyun just ignored as he wasn't in Seoul to join them.

From the reflection of his home screen, Baekhyun noticed a man following his direction with a map in his hands. He did not seem to be a local but Baekhyun was scared with the thought what if the man did something bad to him. The man's body size was double to his and Baekhyun prepared to use his hapkido skills if he needed.

"Excuse me?" a deep voice cracked the silent atmosphere and Baekhyun balled his hands as he turned around to face the man. The man was wearing a black bucket hat, blue polo shirt and white shorts while he had a big grey backpack on his back.

"Do you know how to go to this Jeju's Coziness guest house?" the man asked as he pointed to a certain mark on the map but Baekhyun was not too familiar with the roads and streets here so he did not know. However, he wanted to keep himself safe so he decided to shoo the stranger away.

"It's that direction," Baekhyun pointed to the opposite direction and said, wearing a poker face and acting as a local.

"Oh, am I in completely opposite direction now?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

As soon as the man thanked him and turned around to the pointed direction, Baekhyun ran to his guest house with his record breaking speed without looking back. After climbing up the hill by stepping on concrete stairs, Baekhyun finally reached his father's guest house. He teasingly rang the bell as he took off his slippers and his stare unintentionally got onto some korean letters written on the guest house's board.

"Jeju's Coziness...," he even spoke out the letters before remembering the name of the guest house what the stranger just asked. His eyes widened when he realized he indirectly shooed away a customer.