»16

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'SEE YOU AGAIN' BY CHARLIE PUTH

SEE YOU AGAIN
CHAPTER 16

I GUESS THAT'S THE SIGNAL. Steve said, being the only one that had the courage to speak. Nava was speechless, too impressed by what Scott had accomplished. He was holding onto Rhodey by his legs, just like a toddler would hold a doll. She grinned, proud of the tiny man. The three took off towards the Quinjet.

"You know, he could destroy a woman at that size. I wish I was his girlfriend." she said dreamily.

"Wow." Bucky teased, and then Nava playfully punched his shoulder. She regretted it the second her knuckle collided with the rough metal.

Nava, Bucky, and Steve ran like their lives depended on it, but really everyone else's did. They ignored the chaos and destruction of their friends behind them. They didn't have a second option. It was unfamiliar leaving the people you cared most about behind you destroying each other, but they had to adapt to it so they could function properly for the time being.
"You wanna get to them, you gotta go through me." she heard Scott say, followed by the obnoxious stomps his feet applied to the ground.

That bought them enough time to get closer to the jet, and it wasn't that difficult considering Nava was fast on her feet if it was required.
Everyone was doing their job appropriately. Things were going as planned.

"Something just flew in me!" Scott screeched, contradicting her thoughts. A bright light exploded through the air, crashing into the control tower and turning it to rubble. It fell towards the ground, threatening to block the hangar entrance. Wanda struggled to slow its collapse with her abilities, and she couldn't preserve that amount of power for a long time. Nava knew it was her turn now, as much as she despised taking part.

Her fingers wrapped around Bucky and Steve's wrist, and she did her best to maintain her balance as she ran through the destruction. They made it just in time before Wanda lost her grip.

Nava fell to her knees as she settled inside, exhausted. When her fuzzy vision cleared, Natasha was waiting for them. It had completely slipped her mind that Natasha would be attending, and she had forgotten she had even came.

"You're not gonna stop," she concluded.

"We can't," Nava said, pain embed in her eyes. "None of us can. You know that."
Nava recalled the first time she had met Natasha, the two had hated each other. Sarcastic jokes or teasings, whatever it was, they did whatever they could to humiliate the other. The only thing that stopped the two of them was when Nava first opened up to her. It was awkward for the first week due to her oversharing, but they eventually learned to love each other. Nava didn't want to lose that; she couldn't imagine it.