»05

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO "DANGEROUS NIGHT" BY THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS AND  "I LIKE ME BETTER" BY LAUV

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO "DANGEROUS NIGHT" BY THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS AND "I LIKE ME BETTER" BY LAUV.

A NEW DISCOVERY
CHAPTER 5

THE CABIN WAS A WORDLESS environment. The memories of the past haunted her. She was more fragile than ever, she had hidden what she had become. Her week started off uncannily, wrapped up in water-melon sheets. It was not entirely Bucky she was upset about. She was in anguish, because he brought back all the memories of what used to be, and left them up in the air. Feelings of discomfort were enveloping her in an emotional cage she was not prepared to evade from. Her week started off with a terrorizing nightmare that made her inarticulate, not that she had the company to express herself to. The dream involved him arriving at her door, the man who tried to rape her daughter. And so, Nava watched the door for three days straight.

She saw dangers from a mile away, but this differed by so much. When she looked in the mirror, her eye bags were so vivid and purple that her eyes looked smaller and browner. She feared the very thing she was turning into. Paranoid. She was unaware of what she was going to do. Towards the end of the week, she began to carry around a dagger. It had jagged edges, so that when she fought, she really made a mark. That was vital for her; she wanted her opponents to remember why they had caused her this pain, and she wanted them to remember what it was like to go up against her. She didn't mark Bucky though, his skin was too beautiful and precious.

Nava came to the conclusion that Bucky was not returning, so she had to deal with this issue lonesome. It wasn't anything new, she had dealt with things this was before. Not very similar, but somewhat.

She found herself falling asleep on the couch, unable to keep her eyes open. It was thankfully a dreamless sleep, till the end, because stuff always goes wrong at the end to get to the peaceful portion.
Nava woke up, a gasp emitting from her lips. He was an easy mile away, and that was not far. He wasn't carrying a weapon, not that she could see. Her stomach churned in disgust, and it actually hurt, like cramps. She was in the mood to ramble, and puke as well. She wanted to end this so bad, like she should've two years ago. So, she dragged her lazy ass off the couch, and prepared herself to battle. Nava wanted to make this simple, the second she opened the door, she'd stab him right in the gut. No explanations. She was not in the mood to hear it. At the moment, she was dangerous, and she'd stab anyone that walked through that door.

After running around the house a few times in preparation, Nava sat on her couch as she had been doing all week, and waited. The silent house was about to get a lot louder.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Despite the pains in her stomach, and despite everything she feared, her legs had the courage to get up in a poised way, and drag her coolly to the door. She peaked through the peephole, and it was definitely him. Nava readied her dagger, and the second she opened the door, she lurched forward at full speed. Mateo snatched her wrist the second before the dagger made contact with the area above of his stomach.
"Dulzura de mi vida, you might be fast, but I'm faster." he whispered gently, in a taunting way. His breath fanned out onto her lips. His fingers were locked around her wrist in a controlling way. It wasn't that he was faster than her, but he had heightened reflexes and instincts. Almost anything coming his way he could stop by choice.