»04

BUCKY AND NAVA'S SHOPPING ADVENTURES PT

BUCKY AND NAVA'S SHOPPING ADVENTURES PT.II
CHAPTER 4

ARE YOU ALRIGHT? NAVA QUESTIONED, eyebrows furrowed together.
Bucky's shoulders were hunched, and he looked tense, almost angry. His eyes were shut. They were parked in front of the facade of Target, and Bucky's stress seemed to divulge itself. Nava placed her hand on his stiff shoulder, forgetting it was prosthetic more and more each pending second. Bucky's eyelids fluttered open, and he nodded with a heavy sigh. "Let's just get this over with,"
He slammed the door as he exited the car. Nava popped the glove compartment open, to actually get gloves (which was a first), and a hat. "No need to take it out on the car," Nava said as she got out, closing the door in a tender manner to demonstrate.

"Hands out." she demanded.

"What?"

"It's not like I'm gonna cuff you or anything. Just put your hands out."

Bucky did as she said, and Nava gently slipped the gloves on one by one. "So, tell me, Bucky," She slipped her fingers through his greasy hair, pushing the strands behind his ear in a careful manner. "You even know where we are? I mean, you seem pretty out of it," she placed the cap on his head. Bucky wanted to let the fact that he could dress himself pass his lips, however he was speechless for the gentle gesture had made him oddly comfortable. He missed the touch the second it was gone.
"Washington DC,"

Nava's eyes lit up, and she smiled sarcastically. "What a good boy! Roll over, I'll throw you a liv-a snap."

Bucky decided not to ask, and started off towards the entrance of Target. Nava trotted after him, disappointed he didn't crack a laugh at her joke; but that would be too easy. They entered the store in triumph - or at least Nava did. She looked as if she were going to be presenting a speech for winning a Grammy.
" 'Kay, so you need shirts, underwear, pants, shaving cream, razor, bras - wait no that's me - socks, shoes, a jacket, and a lace dress. Let's get moving."

She grabbed his wrist, dragging him to the center of the store where all the clothes seemed to be located. "Target is a magical mystery," Nava held up a hoodie. "Perfect for me, right?"
Across the hoodie in big, apparent letters it wrote :

ME?

SARCASTIC?

NEVER.

Bucky's lips stretched into a grin, and Nava savored the moments it took place. "Yeah, suits you well." The smile faded, and everything was placed back into reality. He was gloomy all over again, but this time a little more warmed up. You had to be ready to take in somebody like Nava.

It was hard to handle Nava as Bucky had a tough time remembering everything, resulting in a migraine. He was too sweet to tell her to shut up, even in the state of bewilderment. She was helping him out, and the only reason he let her stay after kicking her ass was because the humane part of him was speaking to him. He couldn't trust his own thoughts, for the most part. Bucky didn't know right from wrong, and it scared him. It gave him a headache, and he didn't know what to feel, except hungry for real food.