»12

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO 'SOLIDER' BY FLEURIE

SOLIDER
CHAPTER 12

INDECISIVE. NAVA TURNED THE KNOB of the door with great hesitance. She did not know if she wanted to associate with him today. She had been nonstop the past few days, traveling and fighting. Her head ached a great deal. Nava knew that if she encountered Bucky today, she would want to kiss him. She would want to do all the romantic things they did not have the opportunity to do. And the worst part was she would be aware that she would not be able to do them. All Nava wanted to do was cuddle up on the couch with her little solider, and pretend that the only current problem was SHEILD locating her. But so much time had passed, and all the problems were advanced and turned to situations.

Bucharest was cold. Nava looked around warily, her heart pounding.
She was in Bucky's crappy hide-out, which contained a kitchen and a mattress, and her heart hurt. He had been living like this for about two years. Bucky could walk in any minute, which made Nava even more jumpy. She didn't know if she had goosebumps because of the cold, or because she was nerve-wracked. Her suit exposed a lot of skin, which made it even more chilly. Maybe that was it.

"It's... cozy," Nava spoke quietly. She hated it, it was a dump. She knew he deserved better; he required better. Steve picked up a black journal whilst Nava took a granola bar that fell off the cover. She started to eat it, and Steve gave her a look. "I'm hungry." It was hard to understand her when her mouth was full of granola. She set it down next to the unwrapped one.

"Suit yourself." Cap shrugged and opened the journal.

"Heads up, guys. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam spoke through the earpiece.

"Understood." Cap replied, and Nava glanced to look at the page filled with information. He had to occupy his time doing something, and she guessed that was it.

Cap turned with a very sudden movement, and Nava looked where he did. Her heart stopped. Bucky glanced at the pair in what she could read as fear, or maybe just confusion. She wanted to run up and hug him, but refused. Nava felt her stomach bubbling and wanted to lean over and vomit, but she had nothing but that little granola in her system that hadn't been digested. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and feel secure once again, but the duo both were aware that wasn't going to happen.

"Do you know me?" asked Steve.

"You're Steve," he said, and Nava shifted uncomfortably. "I've read about you in a museum." She missed his voice, it was like a song that you haven't heard since you were little. It just falls off the face of the earth, and returns with a huge impact.