Chapter Thirteen

(Please listen to the song as you read)

♪ Standing in this cursed place

We know that we've all been here

The clock screams "All"

The innocents fall.

Down goes the Cawthons ♪

-----------

        There was a sense of foreboding tonight. Of course, Michael hadn't entered any of the Fazbear buildings happily since '83 (whether or not it was willingly, either, was still up for debate). He just knew it was his job, and that he was good at it. Want, money, curiosity and whatever else made so many others grace this place had no hold on him. He simply didn't care anymore...

        Or so he thought.

         "Hello, hello? Hey! Hey, wow, day 4. I knew you could do it." There's a twinge of fear in his voice in this recording, hidden behind his normal calmness. Michael forgot all about the message being pre-recorded, sitting up in his seat at once.

         "Scott?"

         "Uh, hey, listen, I may not be around to send you a message tomorrow." There was a heavy banging sound in the recording, followed by Scott's sharp intake of a breath.

         "No, no, no, don't you dare. Don't you dare."

         "It's-It's been a bad night here for me."

         Michael groaned, covering his face with his hands. "Scott, don't you dare die on me, you promised..."

         "Um, I-I'm kinda glad that I recorded my messages for you -" He cleared his throat shakily- "uh, when I did." Michael was visibly trembling, doing his best to keep an eye on the doors at the very least. He couldn't focus on anything else besides the dim lights and the man's fascinatingly calm words. "Uh, hey, do me a favor." Banging in the background.

        "Anything..."

        "Maybe sometime, uh, you could check inside those suits in the back room?" The banging was even louder now, and he knew that it would not stop until they had what they wanted. "I'm gonna to try to hold out until someone checks. Maybe it won't be so bad."

        Michael was afraid to answer him that time, because he didn't know how to respond. He couldn't respond.

        "Uh, I-I-I-I always wondered what was in all those empty heads back there..." He could just barely make out the Toreador March, and Michael swallowed back a sob.

        "Please... Not him. Anyone, but please, not him..."

        "You know..." And he moaned, and his head told him that it was all over, but Michael's heart told it to shut up for forever. "Oh, no-"

        And then his world tore itself apart.

(I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry ;-;)