BATIM/ FNaF- Commiseration

(Inspired by a prompt from Tumblr user witterprompts. While I've never approved of BATIM's contents, neither would that game's characters. Peace is always an option, and sometimes, the only acceptable answer. Joey chose to preserve his life, and in the process, hurt so many others.

I hope people can continue to learn things, even in the wake of fear.  

Questionable canonicity.)

 "I've worked so hard to be where I am now. I'm not just going to let something take that from me."
-----------

        "It's been a long time," Henry murmured.

         The animator merely nodded, running a hand in his hair. Indeed, they hadn't been near each other in more than five years- far too long. Excuses could be thrown. Both were busy. "How's your son?"

        Henry considered this. "Well enough. He's still working at Fazbear's, but otherwise I can't complain." He picked up a small box on his desk, peering down at it. "Scott's healthy. Michael's... safe. And Colette.. well."

        Henry smirked sadly. "I can't complain about her, either. It's my own fault, after all."

        The other Henry only sighed, pulling at a loose button in his jacket. "Actually, I just ran into her last week. She's doing very good on her own, all things considering. Have you heard what line of work she's doing?"

        The former inventor could not help but grin somewhat, chuckling. "Yes, I have. A consulting member for Candy's company...? CTC Entertainment?"

        Also laughing, the animator looking far more relaxed than he had two minutes ago. "Can't say I'm surprised she's still trying to find her father. Most likely, she's trying to get my attention. But I'm pleased. Otherwise, Coco's kept her head out of the game."

        "About that..."

        Henry peered at the animator over his glasses. "Yes?"

        The other Henry shook his head again. "Not about your kin or godson... I got a message the other day. From Joey."

        "Oh?"

        Both knew he was hiding his surprise. No matter how long it had been since both of them had spoken, Joey's contact with his once employee was far more few and in between. Sensing the animator's discomfort, Henry put a hand briefly on his shoulder before going back to his box once more.

        "He... he wants me to visit the studio again. See how things have been. And..."

        A pause.

        "Well, I can't deny I haven't been curious... I've missed Shawn. I'd like to see how different things have gotten... And if we're being honest, I've been wondering how Sammy's been doing these days."

        Neither spoke a word for a moment, thinking.

        "You know, this is your choice. I don't know Drew all that well- the few times we met, he's always seemed... off-putting. But I will not cross a line. If you wish to go, go. There is no shame in missing people."

        They continued to speak for a while, reminiscing. But they were careful about some things. Both had lost far too many friends to get angry at each other. There was no point in hurting those who got in each other's way.

        That was another's philosophy. And another's.

        If you had to fight, fight like you meant it.