Chapter Twelve

After so much screaming...

It's quiet...

-----------

It was his birthday.

Preacher had warned them all week that something bad was going to happen today, struck with terror whenever he was forced into the place where his father worked- the place where he knew it would take place, just like it had happened to Elizabeth. But no one had believed him...

They were all paying the price for that, now.

Michael has meant it as a prank, a way to mess around, to try to make Preacher get over his fears. The young teenager just simply had no idea how deadly descisions made at this place could possibly be.

"No! Put me down! PLEASE!"

"Stop being such a prick. You'll be fine." he'd hissed, one of his 'friends' helping Michael pick Preacher up. Scott and the other workers weren't nearby at the moment- if they'd been aware of what was going on, they would have stopped it immediately. Despite the boy's thrashing and wailing, the group of boys walked Preacher to the Stage, Dave all but forgotten on the floor. (He saw everything- but Dave was only ever designed to be a messenger.)

"No! I don't wanna go!"

"Hear that, guys? He said he wants to get closer."

Preacher hiccuped a hurt sob, jerking his head fiercely. "You don't understand, Michael, put me down...!"

"I think the little man wants to give Fredbear a big kiss," Michael spoke over his brother. Bending down, he murmured to Preacher harshly that if he'd stop crying, he'd let him go. That this was only to help him. Preacher only shook harder, tears pouring like a thin stream of raindrops. "Your choice."

"P-please... Michael... I don't want to..."

"On three." He hesitated, looking down at his baby brother, who'd resorted to weak whimpers as Preacher stared up at Fredbear. He won't get hurt, he reminded himself. This isn't to hurt him, just to teach him he can't sit back and let his fears consume him. Preacher will come out of this differently, maybe, but in the end...

He'll be fine. 

"One- 

"two- 

"three."

And then everything went horribly, terribly wrong.

(Yeah yeah, author's note, blah, blah, blah. I just wanted to put on the record that this chapter was probably the single most emotionally channeled and slightly-hair-pulling chapter for me... It took around six or seven days, three redos, a grappling with Writer's Block as well as re-rewatchings of Markiplier and Jacksepticeye's FNaF 4 playthroughs to make sure I got the events and feels right.

That being said- not everything in the next few chapters was depicted exactly like it was in the game, and in some bits I exaggerated and elaborated. I really really really wanted to give these events the chapters they deserved, and not just some scraped-from-the-bucket mess.)